Use the following guide as a Checklist-Adult Ed 2017.doc for your application packet. Collect all application materials. All applications will be submitted to your district credential technician. Apply early, usual processing time is about 4 weeks after our office receives your application. To print applications, click on the application.
Adult Education Preliminary Application.doc - Required of all applicants (Information can be typed directly onto this application and then printed or you may print and fill it out by hand.)
CCTC Credential Application - Required of all applicants
- Verification of LiveScan fingerprinting - First time credential applicants only. If you are employed in San Diego County, you will also need to be fingerprinted for the Clearinghouse. Please print two copies of Clearinghouse Fingerprint Form.pdf and bring with you.
If you have any questions about where to be fingerprinted or what form to use, contact your district of employment.
- Temporary County Certificate Application – Only for teachers at public school districts, contact your employer to obtain the correct form for your county of employment (NOTICE: Effective January 1, 2017, Assembly Bill 1918 will require a Certificate of Clearance on file at the Commission on Teacher Credentialing prior to activation of any Temporary County Certificates (TCC). Applicants for the 30 day Substitute Permit will not need to apply for the Certificate of Clearance as the Permit is typically granted quickly and does not need a Temporary County Certificate. To apply for a Certificate of Clearance, applicants must complete LiveScan fingerprinting (41-LS and Clearinghouse) and then apply online at the Commission of Teachers Credentialing website. The fee for this document is $52.50. Once the Certificate of Clearance is granted, the applicant may apply for their regular credential/permit through our office and claim a $50 fee credit by submitting a copy of the Certificate of Clearance.
- Intent and Acknowledgement Form
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Verification
- $100.00 cashier's check or money order payable to the CCTC
- Copy of CBEST card or Basic Skills requirement
- Official Transcripts – showing Bachelor's degree or high AND relevant coursework. Please refer to regulations for required units
General (non-academic) Subjects
Verification of three Years of Work Experience* (including Recency**)
- Verification of Employment – Letters on company letterhead, that contains; the relationship of the person signing the verification, beginning and ending dates of employment, complete description of job duties, and a statement as to whether or not the employment was full-time. If the employment was for less than full time, the letter needs to give an accounting of the number of hours worked.
Work experience templates are available for you to use if needed:
- Official Transcripts – showing relevant coursework (48 semester units equals two years of experience)
- Advanced Industry Certifications (can equal 1 year of experience)
- Verification of General Education Teaching Experience (can equal one year of experience)
*at least one year must be hands-on experience
**Recency = one year within the last five years or two years within the last 10 years
If at any time you have questions about this application process, please contact either the credential technician in your employing school district or our office for assistance.