The Personnel Commission is an independent body authorized by the state to be responsible for certain personnel matters affecting the classified school employee. It is composed of three commissioners appointed for three-year staggered terms.
The Personnel Commission has three core responsibilities as defined in the California Education Codes:
- Oversee a personnel management program based on merit principles that ensure the selection and promotion of employees is based solely on qualifications through competitive examination.
- Develop and administer policies governing employment matters to ensure the fair and equitable treatment of employees within the classified service.
- Conduct appeal hearings on matters involving employee disciplinary action, employment examinations, and personnel policies and procedures.
All meetings are scheduled to start at 9 a.m. in Room 508 on SDCOE's main campus unless otherwise noted.
Persons requiring accommodation in order to view the agenda or participate in the meeting, may make the request for accommodation to the Personnel Director at 858-292-3662 at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting. (Government Code 54954.2 (a) 1.)
Pursuant to Government Code 54957.5, a copy of all documents related to any item on the agenda that has been submitted to the Commission may be obtained from:
San Diego County Office of Education
Human Resources Office, Room 406
6401 Linda Vista Road, San Diego, CA 92111
- Sept. 22, Room 301 (Sept. 20)
- Oct. 18, Room 508 and Teleconference (see agenda for location)
- Nov. 15
- Dec. 13
- Jan. 17, 2018
- Feb. 21
- March 21
- April 18
- May 16
- June 20
2017-18 Meeting Schedule (PDF)
Parking alert: Parking at the SDCOE main campus will be significantly impacted from Oct. 23 to Dec. 15 as a solar power system is installed. More information about getting to SDCOE is available here.