As a candidate within the Commission-approved AASE Program, it is important to recognize the importance of demonstrating a strong commitment to developing as an educator through this opportunity to grow as an education specialist.
The candidate requirements, expectations and responsibilities include:
Professional Development and Experience
- Candidates must participate in the required number of hours of professional development in the CORE and Characteristics Modules.
- All interactions with coaches, instructors, and other candidates need to be professional, and focused on improving as a special educator.
Payment for Added Authorizations
First Authorization: $1,500.00, Additional Authorizations: $850.00
- Full payment must be submitted 1 week prior to the first class start date.
- A link for credit card payment will be provided after registration is confirmed.
- Candidates are expected to collaborate fully with the program coach assigned.
- Any request for changes in coaching assignments must be submitted in writing to (AASE@sdcoe.net).
- Candidates must complete the Added Authorization Program within the program timeline to avoid having to re-apply to the program and incur additional costs.
- Candidates who do not complete the program within the program timeline, will need to to submit a written request for an extension. Extension requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Submission of Work
Any submitted materials must be original, graduate level work, free of spelling, punctuation and grammar errors.
Plagiarism will result in being dropped from the class.