Online Preparation Program
Purpose of TPSL
To fill assignments where a teacher of record will be out due to an identified statutory leave. The TPSL is not an option to fill teacher vacancies, and shall be restricted to the LEA requesting the permit.
The TPSL is only available at the request of an employing agency. Individuals may not apply directly to the Commission for this document. Please review the information in the CTC TPSL Leaflet.pdf. Holders of the TPSL are restricted to service with the employing agency requesting the permit. The subject areas available for TPSL are multiple subject, single subject and education specialist.
Click here to register for the TPSL Foundations
November - December 2017 cohort
(Registration deadline is November 5, 2017)
Requirement for TPSL Issuance
- Possession of a Bachelor's or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Satisfaction of the California Basic Skills Requirement (see Commission Leaflet CL-667 for more information);
- Satisfaction of the TPSL subject-matter requirement; and
- Completion of 45 hours of TPSL preparation as defined in regulations
- Verification from the LEA that orientation, mentoring, and support shall be provided to the permit holder for each statutory leave assignment.
The TPSL Foundations Program
- Time: 4 weeks in length, approx. 11 hours a week
- Cost is $300.
- The program is 100% online, cohort-based, based on best classroom practices, and facilitated by an experienced instructor.
- The TPSL Foundations program is broken into 4 modules with themes that are woven into the entire program.
TPSL Foundations Program Modules Overview