Created with the math leader in mind, these workshops aim to broaden your leadership horizons, refine your leadership skills, and offer opportunities to network and grow as a leader. Gain practical tools in your current role and a visionary perspective that will prepare you for the work in your future. Click the links below to find out more about available and upcoming professional learning events in the Math Leader's Path.
- Designing Math Professional Learning for Change
- Growing an Online Professional Learning Network
- Down the road
The workshops can be taken in any order, but completion of one path results in benefits toward the next path. Digital badges will be earned upon completion of each path workshop. Badges can earn discounts and access to additional resources and special events.
Sessions are from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the San Diego County Office of Education, 6401 Linda Vista Road, San Diego, CA 92111, unless otherwise noted. Click the date to register.
Designing Math Professional Learning for Change
Grades 6-12 (one-day session)
- How do we design professional learning that actually changes teachers' practices?
- What elements form effective PD, and how do they relate to lesson planning, formative assessments, and human nature?
This one-day professional learning is designed for math TOSAs, coaches, coordinators, specialists, and site- and district- math leaders to work together to grow collective understanding around designing, implementing, and evaluating high-quality professional learning in mathematics.
Growing an Online Professional Learning Network
- Is there really a one-size-fits-all professional learning plan?
- How can Twitter be used for professional learning?
- How can blogging help me grow?
- I don't have any time to spare – is any of this really possible on an already over-filled schedule?
This one-day session is designed for teachers who are interested in learning how to use social media for individualized professional learning and how to grow their own online professional networks. Come join us as we learn the value and how-tos behind tweeting and blogging for professional growth.
Down the road in the Math Leader's Path
Coaching (summer 2018)
Action Research (2018-19)
Contact SDCOE Mathematics Coordinators
Mindy Shacklett or
Audrey Mendivil for content questions, or reach out to
Denise Falkenthal at 858-569-5418 for registration questions.
Return to the main