The California Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (CAHPERD) is a nonprofit group started in 1930 to promote healthful lifestyles though quality education. San Diego Unit 47-412 meets two or three times a year. The meetings are open to the public and to educators who aren't a member of the statewide organization.
2017 San Diego CAHPERD Award Recipients
- Outstanding Service to the Profession: Cindy Elrod (San Diego Unified District)
- Elementary Physical Education Teacher of the Year: Jamila Demby (Chula Vista Elementary School District)
- Outstanding New Physical Education Professional: Alexander Cann (San Diego Unified School District)
- Administrators of the Year: Jonathan McDade (San Diego Unified School District) and Elaine Elefante-Leano (Sweetwater Union High School District)
- Exceptional Contribution: Bobbi Acosta (Sweetwater Union High School District) and Tabatha Ross (Sweetwater Union High School District)
- Community Partners of the Year: Drowning Prevention Foundation and EdUCate
Upcoming Meeting Dates
San Diego CAHPERD President
Brian teaches at Albert Einstein Academy Elementary Charter School and is a past “California Elementary Physical Educator of the Year.” He can be contacted at email@example.com.
Teacher and Program of the Year Applications
Teacher and Program of the Year awards are given out at the unit's end-of-year banquet. The deadline for applications is May 1, 2018. For more information about the awards, contact Paige Metz.
- CAHPERD - Teacher of the Year
- CAHPERD - Elementary Program of the Year
- CAHPERD - Secondary Program of the Year
Join Our Mailing List
Contact Paige Metz to network with other Physical Education Teachers and receive our Health and Physical Education Monthly Updates.