A non-competitive event
Number of Participants
: 2 (May be alternates)
Approximate time: 15 minutes
Description: The objective is to have a two-person team construct a package to protect an egg (from breaking) which will be dropped free fall from a height selected by the tournament director.
- the package size is no more than 12 cm. X 12 cm.
- glass and metal may not be used
- there is no weight limit
- each container should be labeled with the student's name and the name of the school they are representing
- parachutes may be used
- students must supply their own raw egg
- students may work alone or with ONE partner
- packages will be dropped, free fall from the cherry picker at a height selected by the judge.
Those eggs that survive the drop without breakage or showing any detectable fractures or chips will be winners! Results for all schools will be posted.