Christopher Ahrens is an adaptive physical educator in San Diego Unified School District. Throughout the year he worked with general physical education teachers to create a program where his adaptive physical education students worked alongside their general education peers, engaged in 21st-century learning. Together, students are utilized informational text to create understanding, provided each other feedback, and guided each other’s growth. This student-centered model puts the focus on the students collaborating to develop physical literacy while enjoying physical activity. Chris also participated in the 2016-17 Physical Education Leadership Academy and earned the distinction as a San Diego County Physical Education Leader.
- May 2017: Robin Carby (Chula Vista Elementary SD)
- April 2017: Dennis Gildehaus (San Diego Unified SD)
- March 2017: Cindi Elrod (San Diego Unified)
- February 2017: Correia Middle School Physical Education Department (San Diego Unified SD)
- January 2017: Play-It Safe Self Defense Program
- December 2016: Brian Nassif (Albert Einstein Academy Charter)
- November 2016: Dr. Kimberly Butler (Sweetwater Union High School SD)
- October 2016: San Diego Unified’s IMPACT Program
- September 2016: Pat Sheehan (Poway Unified SD)
Join Our Mailing List
Contact Paige Metz to network with other Physical Education Teachers and receive our Health and Physical Education Monthly Updates.