High School Teachers Excel at Tech Integration
The tech-savvy duo of Kasey De La Cruz and Shannon Moreno are this month's MVPs. Teachers from throughout San Diego County had the opportunity on March 15 to see the pair engage some Valhalla High School students in a digital fitness scavenger hunt. The exercise had students running and cross-training in teams all over campus using QR codes and collecting evidence of their performance at each station through an app. The best part is that this is just one example of how De La Cruz and Moreno are using technology to invigorate their classes and engage students with content. De La Cruz is a teacher and coach and Moreno is a teacher and Coordinated Early Intervening Services coordinator at Valhalla.
Over the past few years, the two have taken responsibility for distributing devices to students and teaching them how to use Google Classroom. As a result, they have become the tech gurus on their campus and are continuously engaging students in assessments; projects, including a really cool Physical Activity App Project; and instruction utilizing the Google Suite and other easy-to-use apps to increase students' physical literacy.
- March 2018: Michelle Bell (San Diego Unified School District)
- Feburary 2018: Peer Evaluations
- January 2018: Schools & After-Schools Domain of the San Diego County Childhood Obesity Initiative
- December 2017: Lynn Barnes-Wallace (San Diego Unified School District)
- November 2017: Melissa Beninger and Tamara Miller (San Marcos Unified School District)
- October 2017: Alice Birney and Rosa Parks Elementary School (San Diego Unified School District)
- September 2017: Communicating the student learning outcome
- August 2017: Jamila Demby (Chula Vista School District)
- June 2017: Christopher Ahrens (San Diego Unified School District)
- May 2017: Robin Carby
- April 2017: Dennis Gildehaus
- March 2017: Cindi Elrod