Arts Education Resources
Research, Policy, and Toolkits
You can order any of the following publications through the California Department of Education by calling 1-800-995-4099 or visit the CDE Arts Publications website.
- Challenge Standards for Student Success, Visual and Performing Arts. 1998.
- ARTS WORK: A Call for Arts Education for All California Students, 1997. The report of the Superintendent's Task Force on the Visual and Performing Arts.
- Visual and Performing Arts Framework for California Public Schools Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve, 1996.
- Literature for the Visual and Performing Arts, Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve, 1996. Includes sections for dance, music, theatre, and the visual arts.
- Prelude to Performance Assessment in the Arts, 1993. This document remains a valuable resource for defining assessment issues.
ARTSpack mailing from the San Diego County Office of Education to Districts
The ARTSpack is a resource and information packet sent via the county truck mail system to schools and reflects the spectrum of K-12 arts education, including dance, music, theatre, and visual arts, and the wide range of community arts organization services to students and educators. The mailing is directed to K-12 administrators, K-12 arts specialists, and K-6 site teacher leaders and is sent early September. ARTSpack is assembled collaboratively with the volunteer efforts of community arts organizations. Email
email@example.com with any questions about the ARTSpack.
Return to the main Visual and Performing Arts webpage.