The 17th annual Dual Language and English Learner Conference will inspire and equip preschool, elementary and secondary educators with the tools to transform language instruction. Join us Jan. 11-13 at SDSU’s Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union to discover innovative ways to help your students succeed and engage with fellow teachers of language learners.
- Plan strategically for dual language preschool, elementary and secondary programs, facilitated by Dr. Medina, based on the new Guiding Principles for Dual Language Education
- Explore strands for pre-K, elementary, secondary, Mandarin, and LTEL
- Acquire practical strategies for instruction and exceptional materials for teaching
*District or school team attendance is recommended
Register your team now!
Dates and Cost
- Jan. 11 School Site Visits/Institutes: $100
- Site visits 9-11 a.m.
- Institutes 1-3 p.m.
- Select from a range of innovative dual language schools to visit.
- Attend a professional learning institute focused on instruction, research, or administration.
- Jan. 12 Conference Day 1: $100
- 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Attend any of 20+ sessions and workshops.
- Attend the keynote and follow-up sessions on program design by Dr. Medina.
- Jan. 13 Conference Day 2: $50
- 8 a.m. to noon
- Instructional focus and
- Keynote by CABE Teacher of the Year
(for access to entire conference dates Jan 11-13):
- $200 for teachers or administrators
- $100 for student teacher-candidates
The conference is a partnership of San Diego County Office of Education and San Diego State University's College of Education.
Participants may be photographed for use in promotional and news materials.