A network for educators who enrich children's lives in dual language programs and support parents' quest for their children to be multilingual, culturally diverse individuals.
To support Dual Language programs, we provide:
- Professional development, resources and tools to help schools develop successful research-based dual language programs,
- Collaboration and networking opportunities for dual language educators and administrators to share best practices, and
- Technical support to help schools/districts create coherence for their dual language programs.
Equity, Innovation, and Leadership
Network Meetings and School Visits
The Dual Language and English Learner Network meetings are professional learning opportunities to help schools/districts develop successful research based dual language programs. It is a multi-district, multi-program event that brings site and district DL administrators and those planning to begin a DL program together to network, learn about each others' programs, discuss best practices, and share resources.
A new format for the 2016-2017 school year, the network meetings will now follow school site visits. This will give participants the opportunity to see various types of dual language programs in action. Network meetings will immediately follow site tours. Please see the registration page for each event for the times.
- Jan. 11 - Dual Language Institute site visits: numerous sites and programs to choose from
- Feb. 2 - Paul Ecke Central Elementary: 90/10 immersion school
- Mar. 2 - Eje Charter: K-8 immersion school
- Apr. 27 - Riverview Elementary: One-way k-12 Spanish and Chinese immersion program
Dual Language 101: New Program Design
For the development of new Dual Language programs planning to implement within the next two years.
Designed to strengthen existing Dual Language programs.