The Resources and Technical Assistance Center (RTAC) for expanded learning programs provides quality technical assistance to After School Education and Safety (ASES), 21st Century Community Learning Center (CCLC) elementary- and middle-school programs, and 21st CCLC After School Safety and Enrichment for Teens (ASSETs) programs in San Diego County. Our goal is to assist you in providing quality services to the children, families, and communities that you serve.
Check out this great video by Expanding Student Success, which features California students and educators highlighting the benefits of before- and after-school programs!
RTAC provides technical assistance to support program implementation and capacity building for expanded learning programs by:
- Supporting quality programs that implement evidence and research-based, standards-aligned programming
- Serving as a liaison between districts and the California Department of Education
- Providing quality professional learning opportunities
- Conducting site visits
- Developing and maintaining a regional communication system
- Increasing communication among program sites
- Developing community partnerships
Frequently Asked Questions
The Expanded Learning Division (EXLD) of the California Department of Education (CDE) has posted Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the 21st Century Community Learning Centers Elementary/Middle and After School Education and Safety Program (ASES) programs.