Get the latest professional learning opportunities from Learning and Leadership Services with a quarterly newsletter.
Can’t make it to the University of California, California State University, or CollegeBoard conferences this fall? Don’t worry! You can attend a highlights day in San Diego organized by the SDCOE School Counselor team. Get updates from the state university systems and the Collegeboard directly from their representatives and have your questions answered in-person.
The highlights day is a local event that fits your needs:
- Designed for high school counselors and administrators and community and college access partners
- Gain valuable insides into admissions, financial aid, and more
- Get the latest on college readiness, access, and education policies
Date: Friday, Oct. 13, 2017
Cost: $25, includes a light breakfast and lunch
The Equity Symposium on Sept. 7 and 8 at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina is designed for school and district leaders, teachers, and counselors to uncover the specific barriers preventing students from the supports and opportunities they need for success.
Early bird registration is open. Register now to save!
This year the theme of the event is Equity through Student Agency: Mindsets, Relationships, and Innovations. Click here to learn more and submit a presentation proposal.
The New School Counselor Institute: Year Two is designed to support the credentialed counselors who completed the first year of the New School Counselor Leadership Institute.
Continue the first year of growth and support with new opportunities to learn and connect with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) Mindsets and Behavior Standards in academic, career, and social-emotional development areas.
In the New School Counselor Institute: Year Two you will:
- Learn how to build a comprehensive school program
- Dig into organization and tech tools, data gathering and tracking, and managing confidential records
- Gain skills and resources is advocating for your program and engaging parents
- Attend the 2018 School Counselor Leadership Conference
- Access expert support from two SDCOE divisions: Learning and Leadership Services and Student Services and Programs
2017-18 Institute Dates:
- Oct. 11, 2017
- Feb. 15, 2018
- April 25, 2018
New School Counselor Leadership Institute
Join a cohort of credentialed school counselors who are getting familiar with their new roles.
Counselors working in K-12 schools for three years or less can grow and learn through the year with peer networking, coaching, and direct training that aligns with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) Mindsets and Behavior Standards in the areas of academic, career, and social and emotional development.
Topics across the six sessions align with Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) state priorities.
In the New School Counselor Leadership Institute, you will:
- Be supported by two SDCOE divisions: Learning and Leadership Services and Student Services and Programs
- Received six full days of professional learning provided by experts in the field and certified trainers
- Gain valuable knowledge in topics that directly affect your daily work with students
- Be equipped to promote mindsets and behaviors that enhance the learning process and create a culture of college and career readiness for all students
- Attend the School Counselor Leadership Conference in February
- Grow with two-hours of individual coaching at your school site
- Sept. 25
- Nov. 7
- Dec. 5
- Feb. 15
- March 13
- April 17
Return to the School Counselors main page.