Get the latest professional learning opportunities from Learning and Leadership Services with a quarterly newsletter.
The 2018 School Counselor Leadership Conference will be held on February 15, 2018 at the Handlery Hotel.
School counselors are the heart of the school - make sure you are equipped to guide every student to success.
In this world of LCAP, MTSS and too many other acronyms, a counselors role is being highlighted more than ever. At the conference, Counselors will engage in learning around best practices, learning new techniques, and how to see themselves as a leader on campus.
At this third annual conference, attendees will:
- Explore the latest research and best practice in school counseling
- Access a WACAC college fair with college admission officers on-hand to answer questions and share valuable insights into the process
- enjoy time to network and collaborate with peers and district teams
Click here to register for the conference
Join a cohort of credentialed school counselors who are getting familiar with their new roles.
Counselors working in K-12 schools for three years or less can grow and learn through the year with peer networking, coaching, and direct training that aligns with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) Mindsets and Behavior Standards in the areas of academic, career, and social and emotional development.
Topics across the six sessions align with Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) state priorities.
In the New School Counselor Leadership Institute, you will:
- Be supported by two SDCOE divisions: Learning and Leadership Services and Student Services and Programs
- Received six full days of professional learning provided by experts in the field and certified trainers
- Gain valuable knowledge in topics that directly affect your daily work with students
- Be equipped to promote mindsets and behaviors that enhance the learning process and create a culture of college and career readiness for all students
- Attend the School Counselor Leadership Conference in February
- Grow with two-hours of individual coaching at your school site
- Sept. 25
- Nov. 7
- Dec. 5
- Feb. 15
- March 13
- April 17
The New School Counselor Institute: Year Two is designed to support the credentialed counselors who completed the first year of the New School Counselor Leadership Institute.
Continue the first year of growth and support with new opportunities to learn and connect with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) Mindsets and Behavior Standards in academic, career, and social-emotional development areas.
In the New School Counselor Institute: Year Two you will:
- Learn how to build a comprehensive school program
- Dig into organization and tech tools, data gathering and tracking, and managing confidential records
- Gain skills and resources is advocating for your program and engaging parents
- Attend the 2018 School Counselor Leadership Conference
- Access expert support from two SDCOE divisions: Learning and Leadership Services and Student Services and Programs
2017-18 Institute Dates:
- Oct. 11, 2017
- Feb. 15, 2018
- April 25, 2018
Return to the School Counselors main page.