The Equity and Access team provides the services, supports, and tools for K-12 district leaders, school leaders, counselors, and teachers to ensure every student has access to the most rigorous coursework. We provide research, data, and best practices in closing the opportunity gap and ensuring college and career readiness for all students, including underrepresented groups.
Check the Quick Links box to the right for upcoming equity events or scroll down for more information.
Upcoming Professional Learning
The Middle School Career and College Preparation Series is a three-day professional learning opportunity for middle school and district staff to engage in critical discourse about these questions. You will deepen your knowledge of research-based best practice, and explore how to use these to ensure individual and organizational practices result in each student being prepared for success in high school, college and career.
Register Now! Space is limited
- Dates: Feb. 6, Feb. 28, and May 3 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Where: San Diego County Office of Education
- Individual cost: $200 (three-day series including two hours of on-site support) or $75 per session (does not include on-site support)
- Group cost: $500 per group of three; $125 for each additional person beyond 3 (includes 4 hours on-site support)
Gain strategies for your district and school leaders, teachers, and counselors to make equity a reality in your district or school. Build leadership excellence and capacity to lead for equity across systems, and foster an inclusive and supportive learning environment for each and every student and student group.
- Dates: March 1 and 2 and April 19
- Where: Marina Village Anchor Room
- Cost: $225 per person in teams of three or more; $275 for individual registrants. Cost includes continental breakfast, lunch, and materials.
For information for school counselors, please visit our School Counselor Network page.
Ensure every high school student has equitable access to UC/CSU A-G courses and success in rigorous classes with the Equity and Access team through an
Opportunity Gap Analysis.
Contact Erin Richison to begin your transcript analysis process with our Business Intelligence Data Dashboard.
Connect with Equity and Access
Get the latest professional learning opportunities from Learning and Leadership Services with a quarterly newsletter.