The Regional System of District and School Support of Region 9 provides leadership, resources, and technical assistance to the schools, districts, and county offices of San Diego, Orange and Imperial counties in order to increase their collective capacity to support students in meeting or exceeding the state's academic content standards.
No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act of 2001 requires each state to establish a statewide system of intensive and sustained support and improvement for local education agencies and schools receiving Title I funding to increase opportunities for all students to meet state academic content and achievement standards. As a result, the Regional System of District and School Support was established, and partners with the California Department of Education (CDE), the Comprehensive Assistance Center, and county offices of education to form the Statewide System of School Support and satisfy the requirements of NCLB.
|RSDSS Foundational Services |
WHAT WE DO
The RSDSS Foundational Services works to assist Districts and Schools in the improvement of teaching and learning in the following ways.
- Guide LEAs to establish and implement an effective District School Liaison Team (DSLT)
- Improve instructional practices
- Engage in partnerships
- Provide customized technical assistance and/or professional development
HOW WE DO IT
The RSDSS Team engages in improvement processes with school districts in Program Improvement status and schools in years three through five of Program Improvement including:
- Gather and analyze data
- Use data to establish school and district priorities
- Establish and implement a local monitoring system
- Use school plan to improve instruction
- Provide guidance, information and brokering of services on research-based resources for increased parent support
- Develop district professional development plan
UPCOMING Services & Events
Visible Learning Plus Institute (New): Visible Learningplus is an in-depth school change model of professional learning based on John Hattie’s powerful research on what works best in raising student achievement. Through a 3-seminar series, school-based teams will systematically examine effective instructional practice across a school to impact student achievement.
RSDSS Region IX Director