EL Program Self-Assessment
In order to address the ever-increasing accountability demands, the following tools have been designed to assist schools and school districts to self-evaluate programs and identify areas of need.
- English Learner Program Developmental Scale (PDF)
Having difficulty meeting the needs of English learners? Want to know how your school/district program measures up? Use this tool to identify areas that need improvement. The scale is designed to evaluate and inform program improvement by focusing on 10 vital EL program components and is updated as of August 7, 2007. The accompanying document is a front-loading activity for those who wish to introduce the scale to colleagues and staff.
- Principals' Dialogue (PDF)
- Program Evaluation Guidelines (PDF)
This document is intended to support districts in their efforts to more effectively implement effective English learner programs. The goal is to identify those factors, program elements, and best practices that produce sustained growth in student performance and can be replicated for use with similar student populations and school settings.
- EL Program Review, Teacher Questionnaire (PDF)
The EL Program Review, Teacher Questionnaire is designed to collect information on teacher implementation of district program designs.
- ELSSA –English Learner Subgroup Self-Assessment: A tool developed by the California Department of Education as a means of providing technical assistance to districts in analyzing and addressing English learner program services.