Reasons Why You Should Apply
The children of San Diego County need you! The San Diego County Board of Education is seeking applications from eligible residents within District 5 to serve on the San Diego County Board of Education.
Interested? If so, here are the things you MUST be:
- A citizen of California
- A resident of San Diego County Board of Education District 5
- A registered voter
Don't know if you live in District 5? Visit the San Diego County Registrar of Voters Web page to find out. In the navigation menu on the left, click on "What are my Electing Districts/Officials," and enter your home address.
Now that you have verified that you live in District 5, you are a citizen of California, and a registered voter, all you have to do is apply by visiting www.sdcoe.net/boardvacancy.
Still not sure you want to apply? Here are some reasons why you should. You will:
- Work on behalf of students
- See education up close and personal
- Participate in policy-making and planning in the best interests of county students
- Be on TV the second Wednesday of every month and have your photo on the San Diego County Board of Education Web page.
- Help eliminate the educational opportunity gaps that are barriers to student achievement
- Meet people from across the county who are making a difference
- Support the implementation of strategies to ensure global workplace readiness for all students
- Help to transform public education and guarantee high levels of student achievement
- See for yourself how the public sector operates
- Work with a talented team of over 1,100 San Diego County Office of Education employees
- Provide challenging and relevant educational programs for students in SDCOE schools and programs
- Go back to school! It's been a while since you were a student.
- Be the bridge between your community and public schools
- On yeah, did we mention… you get to work on behalf of students!