Spend a day with your family in the great outdoors this month at the annual Cuyamaca Outdoor School open house.
Parents, teachers, principals, students, alumni, and anyone interested in outdoor education is invited to attend the event, which will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 26.
Stop by to learn more about 6th grade camp, meet the outdoor school staff, tour the campus, participate in hands-on science lessons, try out rock climbing, and more. There will be food available for purchase and live music.
The school is located in Cuyamaca Rancho State Park.
Directions to Cuyamaca Outdoor School
- Interstate 8 East (past Alpine) to the Japatul exit, Highway 79
- Turn left at stop sign at the bottom of exit
- Drive three miles and turn left at the sign marked Julian, Cuyamaca State Park and Highway 79
- Drive six miles and turn right at School Camp sign
- Parking is tight—carpool if possible