Grant applications are now available in the San Diego Chargers' extremely
generous Chargers Champions Program, which has awarded more than $4 million to
local schools since the 2000-2001 school year.
Each year Chargers
Champions provides grants of up to $75,000 to high schools, up to $40,000 for
middle schools and up to $30,000 for elementary schools. Schools throughout the
county have been awarded Chargers Champions grants and have transformed their
schools’ fitness and nutrition programs as a result of the grant program.
Schools must complete the written application
for consideration, and all applications must be postmarked on or before June 29,
2012 to be considered.
Last year’s recipients were:
Elementary, San Diego Unified S.D., for a Fitness Activity Room
- Carlton Oaks Elementary, Santee S.D., for an Outdoor Fitness Structure
- Escondido High School, Escondido Union HS District for Weight Room
- Hoover High School, San Diego Unified, for Fitness
- Howard Pence Elementary School, South Bay Union S.D., for
Fitness Flooring Installation
- Julian Junior High School, Julian
Union S.D., for a Climbing Wall
- Lindbergh Schweitzer Elementary
School, San Diego Unified, for 16 Aerobic Fitness Spinners
Pasqual Academy, County Office of Education, for Athletic Equipment