The Early Education Programs and Services Unit provides:
- Early intervention services to infants/toddlers with special needs birth to three years of age and their families
- Professional development to support quality early education programs for children birth to five
- Leadership in developing preschool experiences that are developmentally appropriate and designed to promote school readiness for all children
- Oversight to Local Child Care and Development Planning Council
Early Intervention is provided through:
Support to Early Education programs includes:
- Organizing the annual Early Years Conference
- Coordinating the State Preschool Directors’ meetings
- Offering professional development through several grant funded programs including California Preschool Instructional Network (CPIN)
- Working with the First 5 Commission of San Diego and community/district preschool providers to implement Quality Preschool Initiative (QPI) in San Diego County
A Parents Guide to Early Education
What services do you need? Do you qualify vouchers? Do you know what “quality” looks like? Check out "A Parents Guide to Early Education."
Save the Date: 15th Annual Early Years Conference
The 15th Annual Early Years Conference is set for Feb. 23 and 24, 2018. SDCOE is opening the opportunity for local experts in the areas of Supporting Mindful Learning and Critical Thinking who can present to peers at two levels: administrators and teachers/providers. If you are interested in presenting at the 15th Annual Early Years Conference, click here to download the Call for Presenters flier.