The San Diego County Child Care and Development Planning Council is reaching out to the business community to raise awareness on the important role they play in supporting families in the region. Below is a video created to provide easy ways that employers can support families and the impact this support has to the broader community.
Below are resource links to help you and your company support families at varying levels.
SHARING KNOWLEDGE: FREE Resources you can use NOW
BEGINNING ACTIONS: Do you want to explore how you can directly support your employee’s family child care and early education needs?
Read Employer Option for Child Care, including
- Conducting an employee child care needs assessment
- Parent Seminars
- Dependent Care Assistance
- On-site/Off-site Child Care
Become a knowledgeable advocate
- Write a letter to the editor supporting quality early care and education
- Form an early care and education sub-committee of your organization
- Formalize support for early care and education in your company/organization’s public policy platform
- Visit a quality early care and education site
Support legislation that improves quality and increases access to early care and education
Child Care and Development Planning Council Specialist