The San Diego County Child Care and Development Planning Council is appointed by the San Diego County Board of Supervisors and the County Superintendent of Schools for the purposes of assessing San Diego child care needs and coordinating plans to address those needs.
The Council is charged to:
- Review current service availability and assess the need for additional child care services
- Coordinate planning for the development of additional programs and advocate for necessary funding for child care for all children.
- Establish priorities, based on the Council's Child Care Needs Assessment and community input on the equitable use of incoming funding to meet the needs of San Diego's children and families.
- Conduct a needs assessment of child care throughout the county at least once every five years.
- Serve as a forum to address the child care needs of all families in the County and in all child care programs.
- Serve as an advisory body to the San Diego County Board of Supervisors and County Superintendent of Schools on child care issues.
The purpose of the Council is to coordinate with the San Diego community to establish priorities for the distribution of federal, state and local child development funds and to advocate funding for child care services and programs. It will work with community agencies, businesses, consumers, providers and organizations to support and to enhance community child care resources and services. It will promote and enhance the quality of child care and development services through public education, provider education, and provision of support services.
Funded by the California Department of Education, Child Development Division, through a contract with the San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency. A project of the San Diego County Board of Supervisors and the San Diego County Superintendent of Schools.
| Our Vision|
Every family throughout San Diego County has access to quality, affordable child care and child development services.
The San Diego County Child Care and Development Planning Council plans, advises and collaborates to strengthen child care and development services.