SDCOE Cybersecurity Awareness Train-the-Trainer Program
SDCOE's CoSN Trusted Learning Environment (TLE) Cohort Program
Summary: End-User Cybersecurity Awareness Programs are a proven method to stop the threat of cyberattacks before they turn into incidents. The SDCOE Cybersecurity Awareness Train-The-Trainer Program provides the materials, the subject matter experts, and the initial hands-on preparation which will enable K-12 districts and schools to implement and maintain their own Cybersecurity Awareness Programs with minimal staff time investment.
Schedule: Annually each February, May, September and November
- September 5, 2018 - 8am to 10am : Data Security Awareness [Registration]
- September 5, 2018 - 10am to 12pm : Hacking Demo Training [Registration] - Prereq: Data Security TTT
- September 12, 2018 - 8am to 10am : Data Privacy Awareness [Registration]
- September 19, 2018 - 8am to 10am : Social Media Safety Awareness [Registration]
- November 7, 2018 - 8am to 10am : Data Security Awareness [Registration]
- November 7, 2018 - 10am to 12pm : Hacking Demo Training [Registration] - Prereq: Data Security TTT
- November 14, 2018 - 8am to 10am : Data Privacy Awareness [Registration]
- November 28, 2018 - 8am to 10am : Social Media Safety Awareness [Registration]
Location: SDCOE Main Campus 6401 Linda Vista Road, SD CA 92111
Cost: Free to SDCOE Supported Districts and Schools
Summary: Developed through the collaborative insight and work of national educational leadership organizations and school systems nationwide, the Trusted Learning Environment (TLE) Seal Program embodies the commitment of school leadership to safeguard the digital privacy of student data. The TLE Seal Program is the only all-encompassing program addressing school system student data privacy and security. It provides school system leaders with the guidance they need to put effective privacy practices in place, and signal to parents and communities that they are taking measurable steps to assure the protection of student information.
SDCOE's CoSN TLE Cohort Program was created to assist participating cohort members in earning the seal through collaborative efforts. SDCOE will provide the Program Management and Cohort participant support to enable participating organizations to more efficiently apply for their TLE Seal.
Next Cohort Starts : Late Spring/Summer of 2019
Cost : <100,000 enrollment = $100 - >100,000 enrollment = $200 [CoSN Members are $200/$400]
Resources: Interest Form