PeopleSoft Implementation Health Check
One of the major CAB projects is selecting and working with a qualified firm to perform a health check of the PeopleSoft ERP implementation and current operation, and recommend changes to maximize system effectiveness.
- Assess the current state of the PeopleSoft implementation
- Determine the gaps between (a) the current configuration, (b) the documented requirements, and (c) the best practices for a PeopleSoft ERP system in the Education industry
- Propose an organizational construct outlining future resources recommended to address identified deficiencies and/or increased efficiencies
- Create a future-state capability view and a roadmap to get there, including prioritized initiatives
- Identify a process of Organizational Change Management to implement
- PeopleSoft functions as acceptable replacements to current, manual, and legacy functions
- Identify and recommend a path to realize the ROI of the $50M investment in PeopleSoft
- The responses to the Request for Proposal (RFP) were due February 1, 2019.
- CAB conducted interviews in early April 2019 with several firms.
- Ernst and Young (EY) was selected to perform an independent health check of our PeopleSoft HCM and Financials environments beginning June 2019. As part of this effort, EY has conducted interviews with SDCOE staff and met with district user groups in the areas of Purchasing & AP, Finance, HR & Benefits, and Payroll. They are also in the process of completing district site visits and sending out surveys to groups of PeopleSoft users about the areas of the systems they use to gather additional information. The surveys present an opportunity for users in all districts to provide input about their experience with the PeopleSoft environment.
- The health check is anticipated to conclude by end of August 2019.
Grouped Activity Projects (GAPs)
CAB GAP 11-01-19.pdf Updated 11/01/19