- Spring Training Event - 955 in attendance
- May 6 Town Hall
- Recruiting Project - vendor interviews
- Introduction of Bill Dowler - new CAB member
- Prep for Town Halls
- Recruitment Project RFP sent out
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- Recruitment Project starting
- CAB Annual Report to be presented at the March SDCOE Board Meeting (Rick and Terry)
- Town Hall Meetings scheduled for May
- Bill Dowler, SDCOE HR Director, added to CAB
- Payroll Subcommittee: Laura Vaca, Emma Puentes, Espy Carrasco
- Announced PeopleSoft Recruiting Module Implementation Project. Recruiting Module survey published and results are being collected.
- PBCS Go-Live
- HR Recruiting Module Cost Discussion
- PBCS Integration
- Performance Improvements
- Building out PeopleSoft Year-end Report
- Review of 2020 work vs Health Check (seeing the alignment from Shauna)
- Identify potential members for contact
- Steps to move forward with use case and RFP for recruiting
- PBCS update (retesting of UAT items)
- Olga West was confirmed as the Vice President of CAB.
- We will expand CAB membership and make updates to the CAB Charter.
- We have gathered data and determined next steps for the HR demographic data interface and PeopleSoft Recruiting module; there will be district outreach to participate in one or both efforts.
- The CAB received updates on the GAP 26 Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Solution project, COVID-19 projects, GAP 17 Payroll Encumbrance Short Term project, and Tax Updates (New Federal Tax Change, 1099 Schedule, W-4 Fed and State Bugs/Fixes).
- HR demographic data and the PeopleSoft Recruiting module were both reviewed.
- The CAB discussed membership terms and the possibility of establishing an alternate, or Board Vice President/Associate Chair. Discussion will continue at the next CAB meeting.
- A technical review of integration capabilities was conducted by the technical subcommittee.
- The Oracle Planning and Budgeting Solution project is progressing and currently on track – with better than anticipated outcomes.
- A countywide demo of the PeopleSoft Recruiting module will be provided in September.
- ESS capabilities are growing this year; there will be changes to W-4, Direct Deposit, and Personal Information (September).
- The CAB reviewed the results of the SDCOE HR PeopleSoft Survey, which can be used to help determine next steps in making PeopleSoft more efficient for districts across the county.
- A technology subcommittee has been formed to evaluate staff import capability into HCM; three CAB members will serve on the subcommittee: J. Guertin, J. Leland, and R. Roberts.
- The CAB discussed project prioritization and will request the SDCOE team to conduct further investigation into Recruitment.
- The CAB received updates on COVID-19 related projects, including ESS Direct Deposit, COVID-19 Time and Absence Codes, ESS W-4, ESS Personal Information, and Accounts Payable ACH and Approval Workflow.
- The CAB received updates on current projects, including GAP 26 Oracle Planning and Budgeting Solution, and a post-completion update on GAP 42 PeopleSoft Functional Upgrade ("PUM").
- The CAB will reconvene on Friday, June 26th (9:30-11:30 a.m.) for a Special CAB Meeting to discuss prioritized projects and membership.
- The May CAB Meeting was canceled and a Special CAB Meeting to discuss the Oracle Planning and Budgeting Solution was held on May 26, 2020.
- Please see "Agenda & Minutes" tab for materials from the meeting.
- The April CAB Meeting was canceled and an update on SDCOE Projects was shared with the CAB on April 7, 2020.
- Please see "Agenda & Minutes" tab for the update.
- CAB Town Hall planning is currently underway.
- PeopleSoft Conference planning is in progress. The conference time frame is targeted for end of October or early November 2020.
- The CAB received project updates on GAP 42 PeopleSoft Functional Upgrade (PUM), GAP 14 Payroll Processing, GAP 26 Planning and Budget Cloud Service (PBCS), Tax Update 19-E (W-4 Changes), and Data for Districts.
- The CAB has taken into account a wide variety of factors that led to a set of six recommendations related to PeopleSoft. In February 2020, these recommendations were provided to SDCOE as the roadmap for the next two to three years. For details, please see CAB Recommendations (including EY Health Check) (113 pp.).
- The CAB website has been updated and CAB members will review the CAB Charter for amendments at the upcoming March CAB Meeting.
- We are preparing for the next round of CAB Town Halls targeted for Spring 2020.
- The CAB received status updates from SDCOE on the existing CAB-approved projects and discussed resource allocation. Both GAP 33 PO Form and GAP 44 Business Intelligence HR Dashboard have been officially completed. GAP 42 PeopleSoft Functional Upgrade is targeted for June 1, 2020.
- We celebrated the success of GAP 41 PeopleTools Upgrade. The Go Live occurred on December 23, 2019 – it was both on time and successful.
- The CAB has created a cover letter for the Ernst & Young (EY) PeopleSoft Roadmap.
- CAB decided that, moving forward, there will be at least 2 CAB members on Steering Committees for PeopleSoft projects.
- CAB members discussed efforts that have been completed, major efforts in the works, existing features and solutions that can be implemented now, and two new items to pursue: (1) implement PeopleSoft native tools, and (2) create an API where districts’ vendors would need to conform to the PeopleSoft file layout requirements.
- CAB’s next action is to draft a cover letter as a companion to the Ernst & Young Health Check Report.
- The CAB received status updates from SDCOE on the existing CAB-approved projects. The PeopleTools Upgrade is on track and will go live December 23, 2019. The PeopleSoft Functional Upgrade is targeted for June 1, 2020.
- A foundational project, GAP 14 Payroll Processing, was kicked off and four CAB members will participate on the Steering Committee.
- The CAB further discussed the PeopleSoft Roadmap and began establishing priorities for the next three years, with the goal of delivering a recommendation in February 2020.
- The CAB approved the Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service (PBCS) Project to move forward.
- An analysis of the PeopleSoft Health Check Assessment has been completed by the CAB.
- GAP 41 PeopleTools Upgrade Project has been kicked off with a planned Go Live date of Monday, December 23rd.
- The 2019 PeopleSoft Conference was a success. Final attendance was 330 attendees from 42 districts – with a total of 32 sessions held.
- Fluid Go Live on Monday, October 7 was a success.
- The Health Check process is concluding. We are awaiting the final deliverable from EY. The CAB will now analyze the findings.
- GAP 6 PAF Short Term and GAP 44 Business Intelligence HR Dashboards have been completed.
- Various CAB members took on the role of Steering Committee member for each of the approved GAPs.
- The CAB elected to proceed with a demo of the Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Services (PBCS) on August 13 to compare it with current solutions in use by Districts as part of determining how to proceed with the PBCS GAP.
- The CAB received in-depth updates on the current Fluid and WorkCenters project, and will see a demo of the new HR Dashboard on September.
- Ernst & Young (EY) provided an update to the CAB on the PeopleSoft Health Check and included initial observations.
- SDCOE EBS updated CAB on Fluid Project, including the results of the ESS Home Page survey with districts that will guide the next steps forward.
- CAB members are actively engaged in developing a communications strategy and plan.
- Identified 5 short-term GAPs and 5 long-term GAPs to be worked on by EBS.
- 14F Payroll Processing
- 21F Time and Labor
- 20 Absence Management
- 19 Payroll Distribution
- 26F Budget Creation (Hyperion) - Move forward to demo
- 17 Payroll Encumb Short Term
- 33 PO Form
- 43F Data for Districts
- 44 Business Intellig Dashboards - Demo for CAB and larger groups
- Formalized a process for management of GAPs moving forward.
- Working on a communication plan to reach all stakeholders.
- Discussed the CAB Town Hall Meetings and methods of communicating with PeopleSoft users.
- The PeopleSoft Health Check started on June 3; on July 12 CAB will be updated.
- CAB will conduct an all-day off-site workshop on June 25 to prioritize the GAP data and to develop a process for managing the GAP life cycle.
- The firm performing the Health Check introduced the CAB to the process they will be using.
- Grouped Activity Projects (GAPs) have been scored and charted based on Impact and Effort.
- CAB has launched their Town Hall method of connecting with Districts. Events are on May 14, 16, 22, and 30.
Four CAB Town Hall Meetings in May 2019
Tue, May 14, 2019 from 9:00-11:00 am: CAB Town Hall Meeting (East), ECREC Board Room, 924 E Main St, El Cajon, CA, 92021
Thu, May 16, 2019 from 1:00-3:00 pm: CAB Town Hall Meeting (South), SCREC Comm Labs, 800 National City Blvd, National City, CA, 91950
Wed, May 22, 2019 from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm: CAB Town Hall Meeting (Central), SDCOE Rm 401/402, 6401 Linda Vista Rd, San Diego, CA, 92111 - Can’t attend in person? Join online at 10 am via Zoom.
Thu, May 30, 2019 from 1:00-3:00 pm: CAB Town Hall Meeting (North), NCREC Comm Labs 1/3, 255 Pico Ave, San Marcos, CA, 92069 - Can’t attend in person? Join online at 1 pm via Zoom.
Dear PeopleSoft User Community,
We are pleased to announce that this summer, SDCOE will update the PeopleSoft interface for all users to bring a more modern look. The new interface, known as Fluid, will be easier to use and conform to current best practices. The CAB supports this PeopleSoft upgrade and recognizes this effort as a "foundational" project that will allow for future upgrades and prepares the environment so that work can begin on district-requested fixes and changes. SDCOE is working in partnership with the CAB and district PeopleSoft leads to ensure a smooth transition to the new interface.
The Fluid project is one of the PeopleSoft improvements recommended by the CAB. To learn more about the CAB and what we are working on, please view our Projects. Or feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
District feedback is a priority to us. We are scheduling several CAB Town Hall sessions in May and will post the dates and locations on our website soon. We look forward to meeting you in person.
- Conducted vendor interviews for the PeopleSoft Health Check and submitted a recommendation to the Dr. Paul Gothold.
- Finalized the GAP Rubric and will be applying it to all GAPs by May 6.
- Reviewed the progress on Fluid (GAP 41) and the support plan for the implementation to all districts.
- The CAB recommended that EBS move forward with foundational work that modernizes the interface and prepares the system for future projects.
- RFP responses have been received, final preparations were made for interviews which will be held on March 28.
- The document that lists the Grouped Activity Projects (GAPs) was refreshed and are posted on the CAB website Projects page.