San Diego County Schools and Resource Fair on July 31
The San Diego County Office of Education is hosting the San Diego County Schools and Resource Fair from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on July 31 at San Diego State University’s ENS Open Field (5500 Campanile Drive, San Diego, CA 92182). The event is being put on with partners SDSU and North Island Credit Union.
More than 60 vendors will be on-hand for parents and families to learn about early education and pre-kindergarten to 6th grade options, career technical education, health and wellness, and community programs in their area. Families can chat with community organizations, and learn about community resources and services. In addition, visitors can access health screenings for COVID-19, blood pressure, vision, and cholesterol.
Anyone thinking about becoming a teacher or changing their career path can learn more about early education and PreK to 6th grade options, career technical education, college transfer programs, and teacher credentialing programs.
“This is a unique opportunity — we are offering a one-stop shop for families with questions about school, careers, and health screenings,” said SDCOE Superintendent of Schools Dr. Paul Gothold. “Parents will be able to explore educational and child care options and those who may be considering entering the educational field will be able to speak with schools and districts about career opportunities.”
Scheduled fair organizations/resources include:
- ABC Learning Center
- BASE Programs
- Bayside Elementary School
- California Hands & Voices
- California Secretary of State
- Castillo, Family Childcare home
- Children's Paradise Preschool and Infant Centers
- Christ the Cornerstone Lutheran Academy
- City of San Diego - Council District 4
- Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County Inc. (CAPSLO)
- CSU, San Diego (CSUSD)
- CSU, San Marcos (CSUSM)
- Diego Hills Central Public Charter
- Diego Valley East Public Charter
- Easterseals Southern California
- ECS Head Start
- Educational Enrichment Systems
- Elite Academic Academy - Mountain Empire
- Empower Language Academy
- Episcopal Community Services
- Excel Academy Charter
- Godfrey G. Berry Elementary School
- Gompers Preparatory Academy
- Grand Canyon University
- Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District
- Happy Time Learning Academy
- JCS - Manzanita
- JCS - Mountain Oaks
- JCS - Pine Valley
- Julian Charter School
- KIPP Adelante Preparatory Academy
- La Costa Meadows Elementary School
- La Mesa-Spring Valley School District
- Little Dancing Hands Childcare
- Logan Heights Community Development Corporation (CDC)
- Mi Segundo Hogar Family Daycare
- Motivated Youth Academy
- Multicultural Health Foundation
- Neighborhood House Association
- Oceanside Unified School District
- Penasquitos Christian Preschool
- Poway Unified School District
- Rosario Romero Family Child Care
- San Diego and Imperial Counties Cal-SOAP
- San Diego Center for Children
- San Diego Children's Discovery Museum
- San Diego County Office of Education
- San Diego Mission Academy
- San Diego Unified School District
- San Diego Workforce Innovation High
- San Diego Youth Services
- Sunshines Preschool Academy
- The O'Farrell Charter School
- UCSD Eyemobile for Children
- Various child care centers
For more information, contact LaShae Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-295-8773.
More to explore
The new school year can be an exciting time for educators, but it also can cause some anxiety. SDCOE compiled resources and information to help education professionals with their own mental health and wellness.
This KPBS article highlights students at the Youth Transition Campus who receive educational services at San Diego SOAR Academy, part of SDCOE's Juvenile Court and Community Schools.
August is National Immunization Awareness Month and Aug. 1 to 7 is HPV (human papillomavirus) Vaccine Week. During back-to-school season, it's an important reminder to everyone of the critical role vaccinations have in protecting our health and the community’s health.
The 2022 Stuff the Bus school supplies drive, an effort to collect online donations to purchase school supplies for students in San Diego County experiencing homelessness, is being extended through Aug. 31.
The San Diego County Office of Education announces participation in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP). The CACFP is available without charge to all enrolled children at the following location: Monarch School, located at 1625 Newton Ave., San Diego, CA 92113.