Single Hero Image interior pages
Current COVID-19 Policies
Please visit our COVID-19 website for more information.
Public access to our campuses is limited to 8 a.m. to 5 p.m, Monday - Friday. Visitors must present themselves for screening before being permitted to enter campus. Please continue to hold virtual meetings whenever possible.
Technology support is only available with an appointment for specific meeting rooms. Meeting room capacity may be altered due to operational needs or restrictions. Staff will follow up with you directly if your request or expected attendance is not available.
More to Explore
- Hours of Operation
- Meeting and Event Locations
- About Our Meeting Spaces
- Room Use Request Forms
Hours of Operation
Note: At this time, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, public access to our campuses is limited to 8 a.m. to 5 p.m, Monday through Friday.
- Tech support is only available until 4:30 p.m; after hours support must be arranged and an overtime rate is charged.
- Saturdays can be arranged with some restrictions; contact the technology center events assistant for more details.
SDCOE and San Diego County districts may use the facility during normal business hours at no charge; additional room use fees are applied depending on the requesting entity. The third page of the reservation form for each campus has pricing based on room rates determined by the San Diego County Board of Education.
Meeting and Event Locations
SDCOE Main Campus (SDCOE and JRRTC)
6401 Linda Vista Road
San Diego, CA 92111
- Classrooms (SDCOE)
- The SDCOE classrooms consist of rooms in buildings 3 and 4 and Annexes B and C.
- Joe Rindone Regional Technology Center (JRRTC)
- SDCOE has installed charging stations for electric vehicles at our Linda Vista campus. As many as six cars can charge at any time.
North County Regional Education Center (NCREC)
255 Pico Ave.
San Marcos, CA 92069
South County Regional Education Center (SCREC)
800 National City Blvd.
National City, CA 91950
Parking at the SCREC campus is limited to the top floor of the parking structure and a parking permit is required. Tickets are issued by SWC and fees can run up to $43.
About Our Meeting Spaces
Our meeting spaces all include WiFi, and either flat screen or projection displays with audio. The room sizes vary from simple more intimate settings to larger meeting spaces with public address systems.
You can check the availability of meeting spaces on all four listed campuses on our public grid. Choose the facility from the drop down menu and enter the date(s) you wish to search.
- Main Campus Room Diagrams (PDF)
- Main Campus: Locations of Services Map (PDF)
- SCREC Room Diagrams (PDF)
- NCREC Room Diagrams (PDF)
Purchase room diagram booklets from Graphics Productions or call 858-298-2206 to order.
Every room can project images from a laptop, and most have docucams. Microphones are only available in select large rooms. Tech centers have limited laptops for attendee use. Please contact the technology center events assistant for details.
A list of non-SDCOE badged attendees of meetings must be provided to email@example.com to facilitate quick check-in of your meeting attendees.
Note: Masks are strongly encouraged indoors regardless of vaccination status.
Please see the posted capacity charts for a complete listing of maximum room capacities by furniture set up. Specific furniture limitations may decrease capacity.
Using these Diagrams
Note: Rooms with conference tables (JRRTC 208, SDCOE 302, 303, NCREC Conference Rooms 1 and 2, SCREC Conference Rooms A and B) cannot have alternative set ups.
Generic Single Group Diagrams and 401/402 Unique Setups
Room Use Request Forms
Please complete request forms thoroughly. Please include the following information:
- Number of people expected (see capacity charts for maximum possible attendance by set-up)
- Room set-up
- Technology needs (reserved by appointment only; booking approval may be delayed by technician approval)
- Start and ending times including set up and clean up
Email your completed form to the technology center events assistant. You will receive written confirmation of your request.
If using the facility outside normal business hours, please provide payment information (a purchase order or contact information for invoicing) to assist us with your booking.
Cancellations must be received and acknowledged in order to avoid billing for events outside regular business hours.
Policy Regarding Use of SDCOE Facilities
The San Diego County Board of Education makes its conference facilities available to assist groups, organizations, and institutions within the community for instances when these facilities are not in use by the county superintendent of schools. Use of these facilities shall be primarily for the official activities of the San Diego County Superintendent of Schools and public education purposes. Any other authorized use or occupancy shall be secondary and subordinate to this primary purpose. The county superintendent reserves the right to assign, reassign, or cancel the use of these facilities and/or grounds 24 hours in advance.
- Reservations will not be considered final until all paperwork has been submitted and processed, and arrangements have been confirmed by the Room Reservation Clerk. Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis; to ensure fairness telephone reservations are not accepted. A minimum of five working days should be allowed for processing reservation requests. Reservations may be requested for up to six months in advance.
A. To confirm a reservation, complete Maintenance and Operations Facilities Reservation Request and Use Agreement. Be sure to note the maximum room capacities and to indicate any special arrangements, including audio/visual equipment. The Room Reservations Clerk will assign meeting facilities, as available, and will return a written confirmation copy.
B. If it is necessary to AMEND a confirmed reservation request, notify the events assistant immediately to confirm if changes can be made, e.g., equipment changes, room set-up changes, time changes, etc.
C. If it is necessary to CANCEL a confirmed reservation, the events assistant should be notified immediately by phone and sent a follow-up email to confirm cancellation.
- Reservation cancellations must be received in writing at least three working days prior to the scheduled event. Failure to cancel a reservation when special arrangements have been made with regard to staffing, equipment, rental, etc., will result in a penalty of actual costs incurred.
- Meetings sponsored by SDCOE staff MUST BE related to the goals/objectives of the County Office of Education.
- All Facilities Reservation Requests from outside organizations must be signed by an officer of the organization. Facilities and/or grounds must be under the supervision of a responsible adult (minimum 21 years of age).
- The regular hours of use are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays under special arrangement. Meetings taking place after 5pm on Monday require a badged-access employee to enter campus.
- No alcoholic beverages or restricted substances are allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited on SDCOE property.
- Large meetings/conferences occurring during lunch time should avoid convening in the cafeteria as it is not large enough to accommodate Office of Education staff and conference participants at the same time. A micromarket is located in the cafeteria space on the main campus at which visitors may purchase food and drink items using the kiosk.
- Use of facilities is confined to the area(s) named in the approved reservation request, with use of appropriate lavatory and corridors.
- No keys will be issued to applicants. Office of Education personnel will be available with keys during scheduled meetings.
- Nothing shall be posted, pinned, etc., to facility wall without prior approval of the Maintenance and Operations director.
- A list of outside visitors (such as meeting attendees) will be provided to the information booth for efficient participant check-in.
- Whenever use of SDCOE facilities is permitted without a service charge, there will be no admission charged, no soliciting of funds, no free will offering, sale of literature or material by the organization using the facility and the meeting shall be non-exclusive and open. The organization, its officers, members, and guests using the facility agree to indemnify and hold harmless the SDCOE, its officers, agents, and employees against any and all loss, damage, and/or liability that may be suffered or incurred by the SDCOE, its officers, agents and employees and against any and all claims, demands and causes of action, attorney fees and expenses that may be brought against the SDCOE, its officers, agents and employees, caused by, arising out of, or in a way connected with the use of SDCOE facilities.
It is the right of the SDCOE to require a Certificate of Insurance naming as Additional Insured the San Diego Superintendent of Schools and the SDCOE. The limits of liability shall be commercial general liability insurance coverage of at least $1 million per occurrence. The person or group receiving the permit shall be financially responsible in case of loss or damage to school property as a result of its usage.
Parking is free and SDCOE assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen property or damage to any vehicle in the SDCOE parking lot. SDCOE assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to personal belongings of anyone using the facilities. There shall be no cooking or food preparation using any type of open flame in any room. There shall be no use of chemicals or scientific experiments using chemicals in any room. Rules, regulations, and use fees have been established in accordance with SDCOE Policy 3513 and Administrative Regulation 3513.
COMPLIANCE WITH STATE STORMWATER REGULATIONS
Lessee is required to comply with State Water Resources Control Board Water Quality Order No. 2003.0005-DWQ National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System, General Permit No. CAS000004. Lessee to fully familiarize itself with the Permit. Failure to comply with the permit is a violation of federal and state law. Lessee hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless district, its officials, officers, agents, employees, and authorized volunteers from and against any and all notices of violation, claims, demands, losses, or liabilities of any kind or nature which district, its officials, officers, agents, employees, and authorized volunteers may sustain or incur for lessee’s noncompliance with the permit, except for liability resulting from the sole established negligence or willful misconduct of the district, its officials, officers, agents, employees, or authorized volunteers.