Get a Copy of Your Credential
The CTC no longer prints nor mails a physical document to credential or permit holders. If you need a physical copy of your credential or permit, you will need to print a copy from the CTC website. Print a copy that includes the document number, effective dates, authorization codes, and renewal codes.
Once on the CTC website, follow these steps:
- Select – Credentialing Information and then Educator Login on right of page.
- Login by entering User ID and Password or Create a User ID and Password if you are a new user.
- Select – OK and then NEXT.
- Verify your personal information and click Next.
- Click on Document Number of the document you want to print.
- Click File, Print to print the page or click Email Document to have it sent to the email on file .
- Click the Back button to return to the list of all credentials.
- Repeat 5-7 for each credential or permit.
explore credentialing help topics
To apply for a Certificate of Clearance, applicants must complete Live Scan fingerprinting (41-LS and Clearinghouse) and then apply online at the Commission of Teacher Credentialing website.
To update your name with the Commission it is necessary to complete and submit form 41-NC along with all the requested documentation. Access the form online, then submit it to our office or send it directly to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing at 1900 Capitol Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95811-4213.
The CTC no longer prints nor mails a physical document to credential or permit holders. If you need a physical copy of your credential or permit, you will need to print a copy from the CTC website.
The Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit authorizes the holder to serve as a day-to-day substitute teacher in any classroom, including preschool, kindergarten, and grades 1-12 inclusive, or in classes organized primarily for adults.
Applicants seeking a first-time, renewal, or upgrade to their Child Development Permit must first submit the required paperwork and fees.
If you need to register your credential with SDCOE, call 858-298-2194.
Renewing online three months prior to the expiration date usually allows enough time for the document to be granted and downloaded to our payroll system.
SDCOE is currently accepting all paper applications via U.S. mail at 6401 Linda Vista Road, Room 104, San Diego, CA 92111. Please allow approximately 3-4 weeks for processing time.
Learn more about the requirements to teach in California if you are an educator was has been trained in a different state or country.