Skip To Main Content

Close Mobile Menu ( Don't delete it )

Mobile Utility

Header Top

Header Utility

Header Bottom

Mobile Trigger


Register Your Credential

Register Your Credential

If you need to register your credential with SDCOE, call 858-298-2194. Using your social security number and date of birth, a credential technician will locate your credential at the CTC website and ​record it in the SDCOE payroll system.

triangle SDCOE emblem

explore credentialing help topics

To apply for a Certificate of Clearance, applicants must complete Live Scan fingerprinting (41-LS and Clearinghouse) and then apply online at the Commission of Teacher Credentialing website.

To update your name with the Commission it is necessary to complete and submit form 41-NC along with all the requested documentation. Access the form online, then submit it to our office or send it directly to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing at 1900 Capitol Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95811-4213.

Applicants seeking a first-time, renewal, or upgrade to their Child Development Permit must first submit the required paperwork and fees.

The CTC no longer prints nor mails a physical document to credential or permit holders. If you need a physical copy of your credential or permit, you will need to print a copy from the CTC website.

Renewing online three months prior to the expiration date usually allows enough time for the document to be granted and downloaded to our payroll system.

SDCOE is currently accepting all paper applications via U.S. mail at 6401 Linda Vista Road, Room 104, San Diego, CA 92111. Please allow approximately 3-4 weeks for processing time.

The Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit authorizes the holder to serve as a day-to-day substitute teacher in any classroom, including preschool, kindergarten, and grades 1-12 inclusive, or in classes organized primarily for adults.