SDCOE supports local school districts and charter schools with project management through its Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO). The team strives to:
- Make project management simple and valuable
- Promote best practice standards, quality, and methodologies, with an emphasis on organizational change management for benefits realization
We provide the following resources and training for San Diego County educational agencies:
- EPMO toolkit with templates and samples - See the Resources section for more
- K-12 project management workshops (specialized topics)
- K-12 Project Management Academy (full methodology)
- K-12 Project Management Conference
Project management is a crucial part of delivering projects on time, on budget, and within scope. But there are so many more benefits, like creating a vision for success, uniting teams, building strong partnerships, and achieving common goals.
Amplify your skills in 2022-23! The project management training opportunities listed below are designed for K-12 I.T. staff. For upcoming events, please click the session title for details and registration. For past events, click the session title to access the materials. See our flyer for a printable version of this year's events.
October 19, 2022
November 9, 2022
February 3, 2023
March 2, 2023
April 18, 2023
October 25, November 8, and December 6, 2022
June 22-23, 2023
2023 K-12 PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE
K-12 PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE 2022
More than 300 K-12 IT staff across California joined together to learn and share strategies to improve the quality of our collective IT projects. Check out the recorded sessions and access the handouts.
Have a question?
Looking for more?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is a project?
- What is project management?
- What is the purpose of a project charter?
- Do I need to apply *all* of the project management methodologies and tools?
- Can you manage my project for me?
- Can you teach my team to manage projects?
- Do you recommend any particular project management software?