General Health Practices, Guidance, and Resources
As students and staff return to school, it’s important that everyone stay vigilant when it comes to preventing the spread of COVID-19. To ensure that everyone in our school communities stay healthy, please follow the guidelines set forth by your school and by county public health. Stay home when you’re sick; wear a face covering and physically distance yourself from others, when necessary; and thoroughly wash your hands. If each of us makes an effort, we can help prevent the spread of this virus.
COVID-19 Decision Trees
Changes to the definition of 'close contact' and its application in Cal/OSHA's Emergency Temporary Standards are reflected in the latest COVID-19 decision tree, updated Sept. 1, 2022. The Spanish version is also current. If you are not seeing the most current version of the decision tree, please clear your internet cache, reload the page, and download the correct version. The decision tree will be updated as needed to reflect the latest public health guidance. Please check this page weekly to ensure you are using the latest version.
The e-Decision Tree (last updated Aug. 18) is a digital representation of the San Diego County COVID-19 K-12 Decision Trees developed by the San Diego Supercomputer Center, UC San Diego in collaboration with the UC San Diego School of Medicine Division of Child and Community Health, and the San Diego County Office of Education. The e-Decision Tree has been updated to include the new “group tracing” option and is now able to calculate dates for testing and return for household exposures.
- 5. Are students who are at least 14 days past completion of their primary COVID-19 vaccination series exempt from the requirement that they test on Day 3, 4, or 5?
- 6. Are students who are within 90 days of a prior lab-confirmed infection exempt from the requirement that they test on Day 3, 4, or 5?
- 7. Are schools required to see evidence of negative test results from students who are required to test as part of an exposed group?
- 8. Can students who return from isolation before Day 11 participate in before- and after-school programs and activities on Days 6 through 10?
- 9. Can student athletes who return from isolation before Day 11 practice and compete on Days 6 through 10 if they commit to wearing a mask as required?
- 10. Can musicians who return from isolation before Day 11 practice or perform on Days 6 through 10 if they use a bell cover over their instrument?
Guidance and Best Practices
- Mask upgrade recommendation and guidance due to Omicron variant (1-12-22)
- Common Side Effects of Flu and COVID-19 Vaccines (current)
- Certification of Chronic Medical Condition by Doctor Form (English/Spanish - updated 11-6-20)