Curriculum and Instruction
The San Diego County Office of Education (SDCOE) is committed to helping educators countywide build capacity and confidence so they can provide high-quality, evidence-based instructional and assessment practices which meet the needs of all students.
SDCOE Areas of Support
- Designing and facilitating professional learning that engages schools and districts in continuous improvement
- Supporting the development of educator leadership
- Facilitating educator networks across all content areas
- Developing processes for the selection and implementation of high-quality curriculum and instructional resources
- Sharing information between the State of California and individual schools and districts across San Diego County
- Providing direct assistance to county offices of education and individual schools and districts
Stay in Touch
- Literacy Acceleration Grant (Project CLEAR)
- Reading Instruction and Intervention Grant (Project ARISE)
- Comprehensive Literacy State Development Grant
- Curriculum and Instruction Leaders Network
- Professional Learning Opportunities
- SDCOE Components and Features of Student Learning
- Units of Study
- She Thrives! 2023
With California's newly adopted Computer Science standards, the San Diego County Office of Education offers services designed to support the national framework and the California standards. View resources, sign up for our Bit Blast! newsletter, and more.
English Language Arts
SDCOE's services support districtwide implementation of the CA Standards and are anchored in the California ELA / ELD Framework. Learn about professional learning, customized support, and technical assistance for districts and schools.
At SDCOE, we offer a variety of events and professional learning opportunities to help educators learn about the California Environmental Principles and Concepts (EP&Cs), connect the EP&Cs to all content areas, and use environmental literacy as a tool to bring culturally relevant instruction to classrooms.
Health and Physical Education
We've compiled information to help health and physical education teachers effectively implement curriculum and standards. Access key resources, discover best practices, and grow as an educator with professional learning and networking opportunities.
SDCOE offers a variety of services to history-social science educators and works collaboratively with districts and schools to ensure students in San Diego County develop the knowledge, skills, and literacy necessary for a deep understanding of civics, economics, geography, and history.
The County Office provides services and resources to districts, collaborates with partners, and supports K-12 mathematics literacy by training educators in methodology, curriculum, technology, and assessment. This comprehensive approach allows teachers to provide students countywide with a quality mathematics education.
SDCOE's science services are designed to support and build capacity of districts and schools implementing the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). A variety of events and professional learning opportunities also help educators deepen their understanding of NGSS, plan instruction, develop assessments, and evaluate materials.
From dance, media arts, music, theatre, and the visual arts, SDCOE supports school districts in designing and implementing comprehensive, standards-based arts education programs for students in preschool through high school. View the California arts framework and standards, register for professional learning opportunities, connect with other educators, and more.