TWO-UNIT ASSESSMENT COURSES
Newly added this year! Project CLEAR is offering a two-unit course on assessment with two pathways (one for teachers and the other for administrators). This course will extend October to
December 2023, as a pilot.
Participants will learn how to:
- Administer, score, and interpret assessment tasks of early literacy acquisition
- Administer, score, and interpret observations of oral reading of text
- Develop skill in summarizing results of early literacy assessment tasks
- Construct an assessment kit of materials for observing children's literacy development
- Acquire observational competency in determining children's strengths related to early literacy acquisition
The two-unit introductory course credits earned by participants will count as one of the four necessary courses for those who choose to continue toward full certification.
Administrator Assessment Course
School and district administrators will strengthen the skills necessary to support a literacy-focused team to collaboratively develop an acceleration plan that would identify and address student needs by increasing accessibility to high-quality K-12 literacy acceleration for diverse students in all settings by highly trained intervention teachers. The administrators’ deeper understanding of literacy assessments will support their leadership within their school or district’s ability to identify student needs and develop a literacy acceleration plan within an iterative system.
Teacher Assessment Course
Teachers will strengthen their skills in addressing student needs by deepening their understanding through a selection of literacy assessments that identify those needs and can be utilized in developing a literacy acceleration plan for each individual student.
$1,500 stipend for successful completion. Further, the grant will fund professional books and the assessment pack up to $680.
Classes will meet weekly. Cohorts beginning in January and August 2024.
How to Apply
Complete the online application.
For more information, email Cynthia Craft for more information.