Visual and Performing Arts
The San Diego County Office of Education supports school districts in designing and implementing comprehensive, standards-based arts education programs for students in preschool through high school. Programs feature dance, media arts, music, theatre, and the visual arts.
Learn about visual and performing arts updates and opportunities by reading Arts in Action!
- CA Arts Ed Framework segment: Professional Learning
- Elementary Arts Teachers Course
- Arts Leaders Collaborative Registration- Dec.12
- Street Data Book Study
- The Marriage of Kodaly and Orff
- Increasing Access to Arts Education: Implementing Prop 28 series
- San Diego Orff Schulwerk Assocation Workshops
- La Jolla Playhouse Tech Theatre Summer Intensive For Theatre Educators
- Arts Education Resource Organization (AERO) Directory
- Classics 4 Kids: Danza Cubana
- Classics 4 Kids: 3-2-1 Blast Off!
- La Jolla Playhouse POP TOUR: ABEBA IN THE TALL GRASS
- San Diego Youth Dance Festival
- City Ballet: The Nutcracker
- City Ballet: Peter and the Wolf School Assembly
- City Ballet: Discover a Dancer Residency Program
Planning - whether you’re looking to create one new arts education course or launch an entirely new program district-wide, the resources here will help you get started!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in writing a district strategic arts education plan.