Hiring Information for Certificated Employees
Application for Employment
- All applications for employment shall be submitted online, completed as directed and filed on or before the filing deadline as specified.
- Applications may be rejected for inability to meet minimum qualifications for employment; incomplete application materials; conviction of designated sex, controlled substance and serious/violent felony offenses; and for providing false statements in the application.
- It is imperative that you attach a copy of the credential required for the position. Not attaching it could affect whether or not you are considered for the position. If do not possess the credential but think you are eligible, please attach an explanation of how you believe you are eligible. Attach proof of application to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing or your transcripts.
- For more information about credential requirements, visit our credentials page or the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- The San Diego County Office of Education (SDCOE) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, political affiliation, medical condition or disability.
- Reasonable accommodations are provided for disabled persons. Advance notice is necessary. Call 858-292-3766 for arrangements.
- Applications are prescreened for minimum qualifications by Human Resources. Those that pass the prescreening are released to the hiring manager or a screening committee for further review. This second review of applications determines who will be interviewed.
- The interview process may include a writing sample and/or a presentation depending on the position.
- Applicants are notified via email of their status.
- The salary range is shown on the job announcement and available on our salary schedule.
- California State Law requires that all certificated employees be fingerprinted and employment is contingent upon fingerprint clearance.
- The employee must pay the required $49.00 fee which will be deducted from the employee’s first paycheck.
Preplacement Medical Examination
- Appointment and start date are contingent upon successful completion of a preplacement medical examination which includes a drug and alcohol screening and Tuberculosis exam.
Agency Fee Notice
- Upon employment, all certificated employees eligible for membership in the San Diego County Association of Educators must either pay an agency fee OR join the San Diego County Association of Educators (dues are deducted each month from your paycheck).
Oath of Allegiance
- New employees must sign and agree to abide by the provisions of the State of California Loyalty Oath.
- All certificated employees must satisfactorily complete a probationary period of two years.
Benefits & Retirement
- The SDCOE offers a choice of employer paid health, dental, life, and vision insurance benefits, as well as generous paid sick leave. Retirement benefits are accrued through CalSTRS.