Substitute permits, some child development permits, and all professional, professional clear and clear credentials must be renewed online through the CTC website (see instructions below). Renewing online three months prior to the expiration date usually allows enough time for the document to be granted and downloaded to our payroll system. Be sure to print the last screen containing the 16-digit confirmation number. The confirmation of payment screen will allow us to activate Temporary County Certificate in the payroll system, alleviating the concern about a pay hold.
If you are working and your credential or permit is due to expire but the commission's website won't allow you to renew online, you will need to renew with form and fee through your human resources department. They will need: a copy of the CTC screen stating that there is an error, a $100 money order payable to CTC, and a 41-4 Application for Credential form.
If you are working and your credential or permit has expired, you will need to process your renewal online or submit an application through Human Resources in the district where you are working, because your pay may be in jeopardy of being held. If you go through the district, they will need: a $100 money order payable to CTC and a 41-4 Application for Credential form. This is only allowed if you can not renew online.
If you are not working and the Commission's website won't allow you to renew online, you will need to renew with form and fee through the SDCOE credentials office. Bring the following items: a copy of the CTC screen stating that there is an error, a $100 money order payable to CTC, and a completed 41-4 Application for Credential form.
If your preliminary teaching credential has expired and if you were unable to complete the clearing requirements as listed on the document, please contact a credential technician in person at either of our two locations by telephone at 858-292-3581 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Fingerprint Requirement
A new set of fingerprints may need to be completed per Coded Correspondence 12-10 as found on the CTC website. Contact our office at email@example.com if you have questions or concerns on this matter.
The amendments to subsection © of 5 CCR §80442 require individuals to resubmit their fingerprint information if all documents held have been expired for eighteen months or more when applying for a new document, renewal of an expired document, or when specifically requested by the Commission.
You must set your computer browser to allow pop-ups from the CTC website in order to complete the payment process.
Once on the CTC website the process is as follows:
- Select "Credentialing Information" and then "Educator Login" on right of page
- Login by entering User ID and Password or Create a User ID and Password if you are a new user
- Select – OK and then NEXT
- Edit your personal information if necessary and then click "Save"
- Select "Next"
- Set indicator to "Yes" next to the title of your credential or permit needing to be renewed. It should already be highlighted in yellow.
- Select "Complete" above the yellow highlighted area.
- Read and answer each question before proceeding to payment
- Make payment with debit or credit card
- Print the confirmation of payment screen and retain in your files at least until the document has been granted
- Allow 10 to 15 business days for the new document to be granted.
Return to the main Credentials Page