Step 2: Complete and Collect:
- SDCOE Program Clear Application
- CTC application - DO NOT FORWARD DATE THE 41-4.
- Temporary County Certificate Application – Only for teachers at public school districts, contact your employer to obtain the correct form for your county of employment
- Official Transcripts: Not required for holders of a Clear Single or Multiple Subject Credential
- Health Education (The commission does not accept SDCOE certificates of completion.)
- US Constitution (The commission does not accept SDCOE certificates of completion.)
- Copy of CPR Card or Certificate (showing Infant, Child and Adult CPR skills)
- Verification of Teaching Experience
- Fees for Special Subjects credentials ONLY: Include a $100.00 cashier's check or money order payable to the CCTC
- Fees for CTE credential ONLY: SDCOE is no longer collecting the $100.00 fee as we move to online recommendations for CTE credentials only. Payment will be required once the online recommendation is made by SDCOE via an email sent by the CCTC. (4.13.2020)
- The candidate has 90 days to complete the credential recommendation. The SDCOE DS program will charge a $60 re-recommend fee if the application is cancelled by the CTC and the program re-recommends the same credential.
Step 3: Turn in all documentation to your employer's Human Resources Credential Department. They will mail your packet to SDCOE for processing.
DO NOT SCAN AND EMAIL APPLICATIONS. SDCOE CANNOT ACCEPT SCANNED APPLICATIONS DUE TO THE SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
SDCOE Designated Subjects
6401 Linda Vista Rd., Ste. 103
San Diego, CA 92111
If at any time you have questions about this application process, please contact the credential technician at your employing school district. Apply early, usual processing time is about 4 weeks after our office receives your application. We cannot expedite applications.