Step 2: Complete and Collect:
This list is to be used when applying for a ROTC or Basic Military Drill credential. If you are interested in one of the other subjects available on the Special Subject credential, please call our office at 858-295-8791.
- SDCOE Program Application - click on link and download the fillable .pdf
CTC Credential Application - DO NOT FORWARD DATE THE 41-4.
- Verification of LiveScan fingerprinting – First time credential applicants only. If you hold a current credential or permit at the Commission on Teacher Credentialing, you do not need to be fingerprinted again.
- If you are employed in a San Diego County school district click here to make an appointment. You will also need to be fingerprinted for the Clearinghouse. Please print and bring two copies of the Clearinghouse Fingerprint Form to your appointment.
- Temporary County Certificate Application – Only for teachers at public school districts, contact your employer to obtain the correct form for your county of employment.
- NOTICE: Effective January 1, 2017, Assembly Bill 1918 will require a Certificate of Clearance on file at the Commission on Teacher Credentialing prior to activation of any Temporary County Certificates (TCC).
- Certificate of Clearance applicants must complete LiveScan fingerprinting (41-LS) and then apply online at the Commission of Teachers Credentialing website. The fee for this document is $52.50. Once the Certificate of Clearance is granted, the applicant may apply for their regular credential/permit through our office and claim a $50 fee credit by submitting a copy of the Certificate of Clearance.
- DS Candidate Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Verification of 4 years of Experience – if ROTC – experience must be
verified by the branch of service. For non-ROTC please refer to #1 on CL699
- Recommendation from appropriate agency – if ROTC – recommendation must
be from the branch of service verifying eligibility. For non-ROTC please
refer to #2 on CL699
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Verification
- Official Transcripts – showing successful completion of course, or exam meeting U.S. Constitution requirement (if US Constitution requirement is not met, you will be recommended for a 1 year Preliminary. An additional application will be necessary after the requirement is met). Courses that would typically fulfill this requirement are U.S. History through 1865 or Introduction to American Government.
- Applicable fee: $100 cashier's check or money order payable CCTC
Step 3: Turn in all documentation to your employer's Human Resources Credential Technician. They will mail the packet to our Credentials Office for processing.
DO NOT SCAN AND EMAIL APPLICATIONS. SDCOE CANNOT ACCEPT SCANNED APPLICATIONS DUE TO THE SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
SDCOE Designated Subjects
6401 Linda Vista Rd., Ste. 103
San Diego, CA 92111
If at any time you have questions about this application process, please contact the credential technician at your employing school district. Collect all application materials. Apply early, usual processing time is about 4 weeks after our office receives your application. We cannot expedite applications.