Use the following guide as a checklist for your application packet. Collect all application materials. All applications will be submitted to your district credential technician. Apply early, usual processing time is about four weeks after our office receives your application. We cannot expedite applications. To print applications, click on the application.
- Credential Program Application – Required of all applicants (Information can be typed directly onto this application and then printed or you may print and fill it out by hand.)
- CTC Credential Application – Required of all applicants
- Temporary County Certificate Application – Only for teachers at public school districts, contact your employer to obtain the correct form for your county of employment (NOTICE: Effective January 1, 2017, Assembly Bill 1918 will require a Certificate of Clearance on file at the Commission on Teacher Credentialing prior to activation of any Temporary County Certificates (TCC). Applicants for the 30 day Substitute Permit will not need to apply for the Certificate of Clearance as the Permit is typically granted quickly and does not need a Temporary County Certificate. To apply for a Certificate of Clearance, applicants must complete LiveScan fingerprinting (41-LS and Clearinghouse) and then apply online at the Commission of Teachers Credentialing website. The fee for this document is $52.50. Once the Certificate of Clearance is granted, the applicant may apply for their regular credential/permit through our office and claim a $50 fee credit by submitting a copy of the Certificate of Clearance).
- Verification of possession of a valid Clear Designated Subjects (other than part-time) teaching credential – If you hold a different type of credential, refer to the requirements for direction.
- Verification of three (3) years of full-time teaching experience in the subject named on the Designated Subjects credential
- Official Transcripts – showing completion of Designated Subjects Coursework
- Copy of CBEST Card or Basic Skills Requirement
- $100.00 cashier's check or money order made payable to CTC
If at any time you have questions about this application process, please contact the credential technician at your employing school district.