Documents For Preliminary Credential Candidates
Step 1: Print and review Checklist for CTE Preliminary Applications
Step 2: Complete and Collect:
- CTC preliminary application
- DO NOT FORWARD DATE THE 41-4.Revised Application Form 41-4 and Instructions Form 41-4 “Application For Credential Authorizing Public School Service” has been significantly revised in an effort to assist educators with navigating the number of credential options found on the form. The application instruction sheet has also been updated in line with the change in the format of the application. You will note that only page one of the application form has undergone major revisions. While the new form is available immediately, older versions of Form 41-4 may still be used. However, it is hoped that agencies will switch over to the new form in short order to take advantage of the new format and the additional clarity it is hoped to provide.
- SDCOE Program Application
- Verification of LiveScan Fingerprinting — (First time applicants only).
- If you are employed in San Diego County click here to make an appointment. You will also need to be fingerprinted for the Clearinghouse. Please print and bring two copies of the Clearinghouse Fingerprint Form.pdf to your appointment.
- Temporary County Certificate Application — Only for teachers at public school districts; contact your employer to obtain the correct form for your county of employment.
- NOTICE: Effective January 1, 2017, Assembly Bill 1918 will require a Certificate of Clearance on file at the Commission on Teacher Credentialing prior to activation of any Temporary County Certificates (TCC).
- To apply for a Certificate of Clearance, applicants must complete LiveScan fingerprinting (41-LS and Clearinghouse) and then apply online at the Commission of Teachers Credentialing website. The fee for this document is $52.50. Once the Certificate of Clearance is granted, the applicant may apply for their regular credential/permit through our office and claim a $50 fee credit by submitting a copy of the Certificate of Clearance).
- DS Candidate Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Fees for CTE credential ONLY: SDCOE is no longer collecting the $100.00 fee as we move to online recommendations for CTE credentials. Payment will be required once the online recommendation is made by SDCOE via an email sent by the CTC. (4.13.2020)
- High School Diploma or equivalent verification
- Three years (*3,000 hours) of work experience needed, with at least one year of hands-on experience, and recency of one year in the last five years, or two years within the last 10 years.
Employment Verification Options:
Step 3: Turn in all documentation to your employer's Human Resources Credential Technician. They will mail the packet to our Credentials Office for processing.
DO NOT SCAN AND EMAIL APPLICATIONS. SDCOE CANNOT ACCEPT SCANNED APPLICATIONS DUE TO THE SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
SDCOE Designated Subjects
6401 Linda Vista Rd., Ste. 103
San Diego, CA 92111