How will you ensure that all support personnel for your PPS candidates are prepared to supervise fieldwork?
The San Diego County Office of Education (SDCOE) built an online training to help universities and districts satisfy the most recent Pupil Personnel Services Standards in California. Completion of this course satisfies the CTC requirement of training to serve as a "University Supervisor" or "Site Supervisor" to a California Pupil Personnel Services Credential candidate during their clinical practice, internship, or fieldwork requirement, earning you a badge of certification.
This course is appropriate for:
- Site Counseling Supervisor
- University Counseling Supervisor
- Master Counselor
- PPS Field Experience Supervisor
- Fieldwork Supervisor
- Counseling Support Counselor
The training covers 8 hours of content completed at your own pace over 4 weeks, completely online managed by a facilitator/instructor, and delivered in four distinct modules covering:
- Core Values and Dispositions of Effective Counseling Supervisors
- Coaching and Mentoring Strategies and Techniques
- CTC Generic and School Specialization Standards for the PPS credential
- Strategies for Working with All Learners to Ensure Equitable and Inclusive Learning Environments
- Strategies for Inclusive Planning, Instruction, Management and Organization using the ASCA National Model
Each participant receives a badge of completion that is portable as evidence of having been trained (for future service as a site counseling supervisor, master counselor, fieldwork supervisor, or counseling support counselor.)
January 10-April 22, 2022
Download the flyer here.
- $50.00 per participant (paid by preparation program if your participation is required)
- Optional 3 units of university credit @ $75 per credit
- Purchase orders and credit cards are accepted.
- Credit card payment links are sent after registering.
If you have any questions regarding registration please email email@example.com
Conni Campbell, Ed.D.