The San Diego County Office of Education Teacher Effectiveness and Preparation Unit built Peer Assistance & Review (PAR): Training for Support Teachers as an online experience designed to enhance participant’s knowledge and skills to provide effective coaching and support to a peer.
This course will explore the following topics:
- The role of a PAR Support Teacher
- How to utilize Adult Learning Theory to increase teacher engagement
- Components of effective coaching
- Utilizing California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTP) as a common language to support growth
- Observing teacher practice
- Effective Feedback
- How to facilitate difficult conversations
- Strategies for providing support in a virtual environment
- This course is appropriate for Teachers, Mentors, Coaches or Principals who provide support within a site or district PAR program or during an evaluation cycle
- The training covers 8 hours of content completed at your own pace over 4 weeks, completely online managed by a facilitator/instructor, and delivered in five distinct modules
- $40.00 per participant
- Purchase orders and credit cards are accepted.
- Credit card payment links are sent after registering.
To register for Session 2: 3/1 - 3/26 - Register Here!
Interest List for other session date options: PAR Interest List
For more information contact:
Jill Tellier, Coordinator