Built for educators to ensure all students, regardless of exceptionality, receive high-quality educational opportunities in classrooms.
As schools develop their Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) and most effective learning environments, the Certificate in Inclusive School Practices can help build capacity in your teaching teams, counselors, and support staff on campus
The San Diego County Office of Education (SDCOE) offers the Certificate in Inclusive School Practices to educators who work with individuals with special needs.
This certificate program specifically prepares the general education teacher, lead teacher, special education teacher, counselor, program specialist, lead teachers, coordinators and site administrators to address the complexities of educating students with learning, social, and emotional needs, including those identified with disabilities. Built by experts in the field, you will learn to better serve students with special needs who are mainstreamed into the general education classroom, as well as systems and supports for the wider school community.
Consider being prepared to educate every student in your classroom! Complete your certificate in nine to 12 weeks in our flexible, online platform with expert educators who have proven success in the practice of special education services and inclusion.
What is a Certificate?
A certificate is a robust program of study that demonstrates a progression of learning and the mastery of a specific body of knowledge. Certificates at the SDCOE are a minimum of three semester units of coursework and have gone through a pilot study, extensive community reviews, curricular oversight, and partner university approvals before they are offered for continuing education or professional development.
Why Complete a Certificate Program?
- Document your academic achievement in an area of specialized expertise to assist you in advancing your career and possibly moving up the salary schedule
- Certificates earned are valuable to add to your resume as well as awarded a Certificate Document suitable for framing
- Complete your certificate within three months, less time than it typically takes to earn a graduate degree
- Develop and update your professional skills and knowledge to make you more effective in your field with in-depth learning
- Provide expertise in a specific area of study and provide value-added benefits that are highly visible in your organization
February 10, 2020 – April 10, 2020
• 100 percent online
• Nine weeks of content
o UDL, MTSS and Curricular Adaptations
o Behavior Supports
o Collaborative Practice
o Effective Systems
o Content for Leaders
• $395 per person
• $295 per person (for continuing districts who have previously participated)
• Optional university credit (three units)
Authorizations and professional development tab at www.brandman.edu/SDCOE
Purchase orders and credit cards accepted. Payment is made after registration is confirmed.