How will you ensure that all support personnel for your candidates in Clinical Practice are prepared?
The San Diego County Office of Education (SDCOE) built an online training to help universities and districts satisfy the most recent Teaching Credential Program Standards and Teacher Induction Standards in California
(Preliminary Multiple Subject, Single Subject and Education Specialist Credential Program Standard 3; Common Standard 3; Teacher Induction Program Standard 4)
The CTC standards call for recent and ongoing training in various areas of coaching and classroom pedagogy for anyone supervising preservice teachers, intern teachers and beginning teachers, such as:
- Master Teachers hosting clinical practice candidates;
- University Supervisors of clinical practice candidates;
- Clinical Supervisors and Site-based Mentors of Intern teachers, and
- Induction and CTE Mentors of beginning teachers.
The training covers 8 hours of content completed at your own pace over 4 weeks, completely online managed by a facilitator/instructor, and delivered in four distinct modules covering:
Necessary dispositions of mentors
Valuing adult learners
The skills of mentoring and coaching
Effective classroom systems
Teaching Performance Assessment
UDL, MTSS, and curricular adaptations
Each participant receives a certificate of completion that is portable as evidence of having been trained (for future service as a Master Teacher, Supervisor or Mentor), and any university or district participating will have access to a growing database of Master Teachers and Mentors who have been trained (for accreditation purposes).
January 10 - April 22, 2022
Download the flyer here.
- $50.00 per participant (paid by preparation program if your participation is required)
Optional 3 units of university credit @ $75 per credit
- Purchase orders and credit cards are accepted.
- Credit card payment links are sent after registering.
If you have any questions regarding registration please email Shadiera.Ruoss@sdcoe.net