Gain practical strategies and useful information from experts in the field, including teachers, site and district administrators, human resource officers, and credentialing professionals.
Receive a substitute teacher manual and classroom resources you can use tomorrow!
Now fully online!
November 7th and 14th, 2020
8:30am – 12:00pm
- Book/materials (pick up at SDCOE prior to training)
- District hiring information and teaching credential program information prepared just for you!
- Classroom management
- Instructional strategies
- Legal requirements
- Emergency curriculum
- Job searches
- Professionalism and ethical issues
- English language learners
- Working with paraprofessionals
- New! Distance learning techniques and tools
Also! We are pleased to announce that this year's training day will include specific district hiring information for substitute teachers. Human resources representatives from various districts have provided a FAQ specific to their district for recruiting, hiring, and answering questions. University teacher preparation programs have also provided easy-to-access information regarding their credential programs and enrollment process. This is a unique opportunity available only to participants who complete the substitute training day.
For more information contact:
Phone: (858) 295-8795