Most educators already teach the essential skills in one way or another. By emphasizing, modeling and evaluating essential skills, students then have an opportunity to hone their skills and set goals.
Essential Skills Definitions Poster/Handout
Here are a few resources for your work with Essential Skills:
- Essential Skills Teacher Guide and Rubrics
- Includes an overview of ways to use Essential Skills in the classroom, Essential Skills Objectives, Rubrics, Activities, Standards Alignments, and More
- Individual Essential Skills Rubrics and Industry Desired Outcomes
- Take a look at the "Work-Based Learning" Curriculum for activities supporting Essential Skills.
- SkillsZone Canada
- Includes resources for students, standards based learning activities, as well as a teachers guide and videos.