Every JCCS Student will show progress in the following areas:
- Understand and appreciate literacy as a key to lifelong learning and success.
- Read and comprehend a variety of challenging materials.
- Communicate ideas effectively through writing, speaking, and listening.
- Perform mathematical operations, and apply concepts to everyday situations.
- Learn to function as responsible, informed, and productive citizens in our democratic society.
- Accept responsibility for one's behavior.
- Exhibit self-discipline and social skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of human and cultural diversity that fosters respect for individual differences.
- Understand factors, which contribute to lifelong physical, emotional, and intellectual well-being.
- Develop and achieve academic goals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of skills needed to succeed in the workplace.
- Explore a variety of career pathways and post-secondary educational opportunities.
- Develop realistic career goals based on interest and ability.
- Demonstrate competencies driven by the 21st century workplace.
- Use technology to develop basic skills.
- Use a variety of technologies to gather, analyze, organize, share, and present information.
- Make informed choices and understand the impact of these choices on self and others.
- Evaluate information in terms of bias and point of view.
- Analyze, interpret, and evaluate complex ideas and data.
- Apply knowledge, investigation skills, and resources to creatively identify and solve problems.