Request GED Transcript:
If you need to request a copy of your GED transcript you will have to go to Parchment, create an account and follow all prompts. You will need to know when and where you took it. You will also need access to a printer, a way to upload the form after filling it out, and $15.00.
If you are requesting records prior to 1990 or have any questions, please contact Patricia Jimenez at (858) 569-3188 or email at email@example.com.
The HiSET is a high school equivalency examination for students who 18-years-old and have not completed the formal requirements for a high school diploma. Under certain circumstances, a 17-year-old may qualify.
The HiSET is only offered only to our Juvenile Court and Community Schools (JCCS) students at the San Diego County Office of Education. All others interested in taking the HiSET, GED or TASC should contact their nearest adult school.
The exam covers five areas: writing skills, social studies, science, reading skills and mathematics.
To pass the HiSET test in California, you must receive a minimum score of 8 on each of the five HiSET subtests and a total score of 45 or higher.
Those not obtaining passing scores will retested in the subject/s they failed. You will have two additional opportunities to pass. If you do not pass by your second retest, you will have to wait 6 months and retake the whole series again.
Upon passing the HiSET, a certificate of equivalency will be issued to the student by the California Department of Education (CDE, however if you are not 18 at the time of passing the HiSET your Certificate will be mailed on your 18th birthday. This will enable the student to qualify for civil service positions, gain admission to community colleges that recognize the certificate, and enroll in special training/education programs of the armed forces.
Who may take the test:
- who are within 60 days of their 18th birthday;
- who are within 60 days of the date they would have graduated with their class had they remained in regular high school;
- who have been out of school 60 days or more and present a written request from military personnel, a college or university or an employer; and
- who are incarcerated in a California state or county correctional facility (JCCS programs at San Diego SOAR Academies and Youth Day Center). Those testing under these conditions must meet all of the following criteria:
Sixteen year olds may not test under any circumstances.
- The examinee does not have a realistic chance of completing the requirements for a high school diploma.
- The examinee has adequate academic skills to successfully complete the HiSET test battery.
- The examinee understands the options available regarding acquisition of a high school diploma, the high school equivalency certificate or the high school proficiency certificate, and the requirements, expectations, benefits and limitations of each option.
- The examinee has sufficient commitment time left to complete the entire HiSET test battery; however, if released before the test is completed; the examinee may complete testing at an authorized testing center.
Registration and Fees
- Fee is $70.00, payable to "C.S.S.F."(County Schools Service Fund).
- Fee is $15.00 for retest of each section of the test.
- For fee reduction, contact your JCCS counselor.
Enroll prior to testing. For JCCS students, all registration forms must be completed by a counselor with an after action plan developed and fees should be in the JCCS Testing Center one week prior to testing. Student will not be able to test if they are not registered. Registration cannot be completed on the same day of testing.
Bring a picture ID card such as a driver's license or military ID. Please make sure student has a picture ID before testing date or he/she will not be permitted in the testing room.
Procedures to enroll to take the:
- Complete Registration form with Counselor
- Enroll in a HiSET preparation class.
- Complete a FAFSA application
If you need more information, please call Patricia Jimenez at 858-569-3188.
JCCS GED Testing Centers
San Diego County Office of Education
6401 Linda Vista Road, San Diego, CA 92111
SOAR at Kearny Mesa/GRF
2801 Meadowlark Drive
San Diego, CA 92123
Al Washington, 858-694-4559
SOAR at Camp Barrett
21077 Lyons Valley Road
Alpine, CA 91901
Barbara Stojanowski, 619-401-4956
SOAR at East Mesa
446 Alta Road, Suite 6100
San Diego, CA 92158
Javier Archuleta, 858-514-8520