Title III or the Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient and Immigrant Students program assists school districts in teaching English to limited-English-proficient students and in helping these students meet the same challenging state standards required of all students.
The San Diego County Office of Education provides local education agencies, such as school districts, charter schools, and consortiums of districts and charters, in meeting their Title III reporting requirements.
Contact us to receive Title III technical assistance in:
- 2017-2018 Title III ESSA Transition
- Reviewing and providing feedback on the Title III ESSA Transition Plan
- Selecting areas of focus and defining specific actions and services
- Monitoring progress of implementation
- Providing technical support with California Monitoring Tool (CMT)
- Strengthening district infrastructure
- Collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data related to needs assessment
- Completing the ELSSA and other assessment tools
- Coaching district, charter, and consortium staff on evaluating the components in the
Title III LEA Plan Performance Goal 2 that were effectively implemented over the last year and those that need improvement or change.
- Coaching district/charter school/consortium administrators on the use of effective classroom protocols (direct observation and feedback methods) to verify implementation of modified curriculum, program, and instructional.
- Partnering with districts, charter schools, and consortiums to provide or connect expertise and services locally and within Region 9 to support implementation of the
Title III ESSA Transition Plan.