Title III or the Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient and Immigrant Students program assists school districts in teaching English to limited-English-proficient students and in helping these students meet the same challenging state standards required of all students.
The San Diego County Office of Education provides local education agencies, such as school districts, charter schools, and consortiums of districts and charters, in meeting their Title III reporting requirements.
Contact us to receive Title III technical assistance in:
- Monitoring progress of implementation
- Providing technical support with California Monitoring Tool (CMT)
- Strengthening district infrastructure
- Collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data related to needs assessment
- Reviewing data and assessment tools to make informed decisions
- Coaching district, charter, and consortium staff on evaluating the components in the LCAP Federal Addendum (Title III) that were effectively implemented over the last year and those that need improvement or change.
- Coaching district/charter school/consortium administrators on the use of effective classroom protocols (direct observation and feedback methods) to verify implementation of modified curriculum, program, and instructional.
- Partnering with districts, charter schools, and consortiums to provide or connect expertise and services locally and within Region 9 to support implementation of the
LCAP Federal Addendum.