The San Diego County Office of Education is pleased to announce the application window for the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential program. Completed applications will be reviewed by our admissions committee on an ongoing basis. Applicants who are selected for the program must submit a non-refundable $400 deposit to confirm their PASC program enrollment.
Please review all eligibility, admission, and application requirements below. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
You will be required to complete our online application form, including your contact information, professional history, supervisor contact information, reference names and email addresses, and written narrative responses; and to upload files containing your resume and verification of experience using the forms available at the links below.
Resume Template (please use this standardized program resume template)
Verification of Experience (CL-41) Form
NARRATIVE RESPONSE QUESTIONS (to be submitted in Section 6 of online application form):
A. Why would you like to participate in the SDCOE PASC Program?
B. How does your background and experience qualify you for the program?
C. What successes have you had as an instructional leader thus far?
D. Describe the skills and knowledge needed to become an effective school leader.
PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES (to be entered in Section 7 of the online application form):
Please provide the names and email addresses of three references, then click on the Confidential Professional Reference Form to copy/send the link to your references.
One reference must be an immediate supervisor; the remaining two should be colleagues with knowledge of your leadership qualities, skills, and experiences. We encourage you to communicate with your references in advance to ensure their willingness to complete the recommendation process in a timely manner.
- To be considered for acceptance in the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential (PASC) Program, applicants must:
- Exhibit a deep understanding of teaching and learning
- Have a strong desire to lead
- Effectively collaborate with others
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ensure equity and access for each and every student they serve
- Be thoughtful and reflective educators who are ready for a relevant, rigorous, and innovative program.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- Five years of successful full-time certificated experience in a public or private school (in state or out-of-state). This experience may be teaching, pupil personnel work, librarianship, health services, clinical or rehabilitative series, or a combination of teaching and school services equal to five years
- Verification of employment experience
- Possess a valid Clear California Teaching or Services Credential, including completion of basic skills requirement (BSR)
The admission process is highly competitive. The Admissions Review team reviews hundreds of applications to find the most qualified candidates for our cohorts. These cohorts are limited in size to ensure the best learning experiences. We receive many qualified applicants that meet the admission requirements, but due to the volume of applicants, we review all applications according to our guidelines and select the most qualified applicants.
- Certification of all CTC requirements is accomplished through the 17-month program
- Aligned with the California Administrator Performance Expectations (CAPE)
- Program cost is $8,300 plus a $100 one-time technology and materials fee
- Experienced and successful Pre K-12 practitioners who influence leadership across the county will serve as instructors for all classes.
PASC Program is open now: Enrolling for Spring 2022 Cohort: Begins January 2022
Questions or more information - contact Program Administrative Assistant Zeret Lara.